Цель урока: повышение интереса учащихся к изучению английского языка и культуре англоязычных стран.
Задачи урока: активизация словарного запаса, расширение кругозора, развитие внимания, развитие познавательных интересов, повышение мотивации к изучению английского языка.
Hello, everybody! The time to win has come!
Today we are playing a very interesting game. There will be only winners! It is a team-game.
You have the cards of different colours. Take your places round the tables of your colour.
Now we have 3 teams: THE CATS, THE RATS and THE BATS. Choose the captains of your teams. Who is the captain of THE CATS (THE RATS, THE BATS)?
Each team has the cards with numbers (1-5). If your team finds the correct answer, raise the card with a corresponding number. You will get a star for the correct and fast answer.
Let’s start our game!
Look at the blackboard. There are 5 words on it.
Listen to me carefully and guess what it is. Choose the correct answer and raise the card with a number of the word.
- It is a musical instrument played by blowing. (trumpet – 5)
- It is a brother of your father or your mother. (uncle – 4 )
- It is a musical instrument with strings like a large violin. (cello – 1)
- It is a sister of your mother or your father. (aunt – 3)
How many words do you know?
Can you see the word on the board? You have to make as many words from its letters as
you can. I’ll give you one star if you write many words for 2 minutes.
How well do you know London?
Here are 5 names of the most popular places in London. You have to choose the correct answer and show the card with its number. Listen to me carefully.
|Big Ben||Buckingham||The Tower of||St Paul’s||Westminster|
- It was a prison, a fortress, a palace and a zoo many centuries ago. (The Tower of London – 3)
- What church is one of the greatest English ones? (St Paul’s Cathedral – 4)
- The official residence of Queen Elizabeth II. (Buckingham Palace – 2)
- This place is famous for the Poet’s Corner. (Westminster Abbey – 5)
- This building is called after Benjamin Hall. (Big Ben – 1)
Puzzle. <Рисунок 1>
Can you listen carefully?
Now look at the chart with drawings. You have to find letters. Listen to me carefully and write out only the letter.
- This picture is between the bus and the flower. (H)
- This picture is next to the boat and under the car. (O)
- This picture is under the cloud. (U)
- This picture is on the left of the rabbit. (S)
- This picture is above the boat. (E)
Now make the word from these letters. What word is it? (HOUSE)
Do you know animals well? Let’s check! You have a shit of paper.
Choose the right answer and write down the letter only. Don’t say the answer!
After that I’ll show you three words. You should be ready to show the number with the correct answer.
1. Which is smaller?
|A mouse||a fox||a hare|
2. Which can run faster?
3. Can a penguin fly?
4. Can a tiger swim?
5. Which word is it?
Can you decode letters?
You’ve got a message. Please decode it. Who will be the first?
– HOW R U?
– OK N U?
– OK2 C U 2DAY?
– NO 2MORO.
Let’s count your points. Who is the winner?