Тип урока: комбинированный с применением проектной методики и ИКТ
Цель урока: cовершенствовать навыки монологической речи с опорой на план и коллаж
- активизировать лексику по теме “Путешествие”;
- повторить употребление определённого артикля с географическими названиями;
- формировать навыки создания мини проекта;
- развивать умения строить высказывания по образцу и самостоятельно;
- развивать коммуникативные компетенции;
- развивать умение работать в группе;
- воспитывать уважение к странам изучаемого языка.
1. Раздаточный материал.
3. Диск с аудиозаписью.
Учебник: “Enjoy English” для 7 класса М.З. Биболетова, Н.В. Добрынина, Н.Н. Трубанева.
Продолжительность: 40 минут.
Начало урока (гул самолётов). Объявление:Attention, please! Aeroflot flight 43 will leave in 5 minutes. Dear passengers, be careful! Do not forget your things. 1. Организационный момент. T: Good morning, dear friends. I am very glad to see you. Sit down, please, and make yourselves comfortable. Today we are going to speak about ... what? Look at the screen and try to guess.
P1: Travelling. T: Yes, you are right. We will speak about travelling and three English-speaking countries. What are they? (На экране)
Р2: the UK ,the USA, Australia. T: Right you are. Let's read them together. Good. At the today’s lesson I want you to:
- to practice the definite article
- read the text
- learn some new information about these countries
- make a mini
– project about them
2. Рефлексия в начале урока.
T: How much do you know about English-speaking countries? Stick the pictures on the paper. At the end of the lesson we'll compare the results. 3. Фонетическая зарядка. T: We are aboard the plane. It is nice that we will fly together. Are you ready to travel?
P3: Yes, we are. T: We need some words. Let’s read them. Look at the screen, listen to me and repeat after me.
- on business – по делу
- for pleasure – ради удовольствия
- travel by bus
- in search of adventures – в поисках приключений
- customs and traditions – обычаи и традиции
4. Активизация лексики в речевых упражнениях
T I'd like to find out what you know about travelling. Look at the screen and answer the question.
T: What do people like to travel by?
P1: People like to travel by plane.
P2: People like to travel by ship.
P3: People like to travel by train.
P4: People like to travel by bus/car.
T: And what about you?
P1: I like to travel by plane.
T: People usually travel…
P1: on business
P2: for pleasure
P3: in search of adventures
P4: to see the beauty of the world
P5: to know customs and traditions
P6: to learn a language
T: When you travel, you
P1: meet new people
P2: visit new places
P3: know the history and culture
5. Отработка лексики в лексическом упражнении.
T: Have you remembered the words? Let's see. Complete the sentences using the words you know. You have two minutes.
People travel on business and for pleasure.
They can visit their relatives and friends.
We travel by bus, plane, ship, train and on foot.
The fastest way of travelling is by plane.
The seats on the train are comfortable.
Bus tickets are not expensive.
Travelling by ship is popular.
T: Let's check. Look at the key. Do you have any mistakes?
6. Аудирование стихотворения.
T: And now one more task with these words. Take these sheets of paper. Here we have a verse about travelling. You will work in pairs. Your task is to listen to it and to fill in the gaps. You will listen twice.
I usually go on holiday by train
and very seldom by plane.
I often go to work by bus
and sometimes by car.
I prefer going to work on foot
if I’m in a bad mood.
But I never go by taxi
because it’s very expensive.
T: Check yourselves, please. Good. Is it an interesting verse?
7. Обучение грамматике. Употребление определённого артикля с географическими названиями.
T: Today at the lesson we deal a lot with geographical names. So we should revise the definite article.
|with the||without the|
|1) some countries:
the Russian Federation
the United Kingdom
the United States
3) mountain chains:
the Rocky Mountains
the Great Sandy Desert
|1) continents: Europe, North America
2) countries: England, Russia, Australia
3) cities, towns: London, Canberra, Washington
8. Физкультминутка для глаз.
T: I think our eyes are tired and need some rest. Let's do eye gymnastics. Look at the plane and follow it with your eyes.
9. Отработка употребления определенного артикля the с географическими названиями в грамматическом упражнении.
T: Group these words into four columns paying attention to the article:
Russia, South America, the Baikal, Africa, the Pacific ocean, the USA, Australia, the North Sea, Europe, the Atlantic ocean, Canada, Japan, the Volga, the Black Sea, China, the Nile, the Baltic Sea, the Amazon, India, the UK, Asia, the Thames
|Countries||Canada, the USA, China, India, the UK, Japan, Russia|
|Seas and oceans||The Atlantic ocean, the Pacific ocean, the North Sea, the Black Sea, the Baltic Sea|
|Continents||Africa, South America, Australia, Europe, Asia|
|Rivers and lakes.||The Baikal, the Thames, the Volga, the Nile, the Amazon|
T: Who is good at geography? Come to the blackboard, please, and show them at the map. Read these words.
10. Развитие навыков чтения с пониманием основной идеи (на карточках) и отработка употребления определенного артикля the с географическими названиями.
T: Well done. Now you are getting ready for a project. You have 3 texts. You should look through them, choose a heading, underline all the geographical names. Then you may use this information when you speak about your country. You have 3 minutes.
This text is about: a) Australia b) the UK c) the USA
1. This is one of the smallest countries in the world. It is situated on the British Isles. The capital is London. The official language is British English. The main rivers are the Thames, the Clyde, the Severn. The biggest mountain chain is the Grampians.
2. This country is situated in North America. It is the second largest country after Russia. Its capital is Washington, D.C. It has long rivers such as the Mississippi, the Missouri, the Colorado. Many people want to see the Rocky Mountains, the Niagara Falls and the Great Lakes.
3. Many people have a dream to visit this country. It is situated on the continent. The capital of the country is Canberra. There are 3 deserts: the Great Sandy Desert, the Great Victoria Desert and the Simpson Desert. The best known rivers are the Murray and the Darling. The Great Barrier Reef is near the continent. It is a land of birds and animals which we cannot see anywhere else in the world:
- the kangaroo
- the koala
- the echidna
- the emu and others
T: Who is good at geography? Come to the blackboard and show some of them, please.
11. Подготовка мини-проекта. (Коллаж)
T: Now I think you have enough knowledge about the USA, the UK and Australia and you are ready to make a collage. You will do it in a group of 4-5 people. Then some of you will tell us about this country according to the plan. You have 5 minutes to do this task.
12. Монологические высказывания
T: Are your collages ready? Good. Show us, please. I think they are fine. Who will speak about the UK?
P1: (рассказывает о Соединенном Королевстве)
T: About the USA?
P2: (о США)
T: Now Australia
P3: (об Австралии)
13. Объяснение домашнего задания
T: Now open your diaries, please, and write down your homework. Describe one of these countries in written form (7-15 sentences) or make a presentation.
T: I think today we have travelled both on business and for pleasure. We have seen the beauty of the world.
T: Do you agree with me?
Ps: Yes, we do. T: Do you like our trip? P: Of course, we do. T: Do you know more about the UK, the USA, Australia now? Let's compare. Stick the pictures here. You see it's good. T: Thank you for your work. It is nice to meet you.