Учитель приветствует обучающихся: Hello, dear students! Do you like playing games? Today you can play and learn interesting facts. About whom? Look at the screen, please! (Показывает фотографии известных женщин англоязычных стран) Who is our game dedicated to?
Обучающиеся определяют тему игры.
Учитель: You have divided into 2 groups to compete and let's start!
Учитель: Women play an important role in our life and can be famous in different areas.
Учитель на доске размещает категории (сферы деятельности) женщин.
Politicians, writers and poets, actresses, singers, scientists.
Учитель: You will get a point for each right answer. Read the information, look at the photos and match the women and the texts.
Text 1: She is a politician, diplomat, lawyer, writer, and public speaker who served as the 67th United States secretary of state from 2009 to 2013, as a United States senator from New York from 2001 to 2009, and as First Lady of the United States from 1993 to 2001. She became the first woman to be nominated for president of the United States by a major political party when she won the Democratic Party nomination in 2016. She was the first woman to win the popular vote in an American presidential election, which she lost to Donald Trump.
Text 2: She was a British stateswoman who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990 and Leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990. She was the longest-serving British prime minister of the 20th century and the first woman to hold that office. A Soviet journalist dubbed her "The 'Iron Lady'", a nickname that became associated with her uncompromising politics and leadership style.
Text 3: She is an Australian former politician who served as the 27th Prime Minister of Australia and Leader of the Australian Labor Party from 2010 to 2013. She was previously the 13th Deputy Prime Minister of Australia from 2007 until 2010 and held the cabinet positions of Minister for Education, Minister for Employment and Workplace Relations and Minister for Social Inclusion from 2007 to 2010. She was the first and to date only woman to hold the positions of Deputy Prime Minister, Prime Minister and leader of a major party in Australia.
Учитель: Read the names of famous writers and poets. Read the extracts from their works of art and match the names and the extracts: Agatha Christie, J. K. Rowling, Emily Dickinson, Harper Lee.
Text 1: Miss Marple coughed. 'I really think, you know, that you're making it rather too difficult. The recipe is only an indication, so to speak. It is, I think, the letters that are significant.'
'Especially,' said Miss Marple, 'the signature.'
But Edward hardly heard her. He called excitedly, 'Charmian! Come here! She's right.
See - the envelopes are old, right enough, but the letters themselves were written much later.'
Text 2: From being one of the most popular and admired people at the school, Harry was suddenly the most hated. Even Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs turned on him, because everyone had been longing to see Slytherin lose the house cup. Everywhere Harry went, people pointed and didn't trouble to lower their voices as they insulted him. Slytherins, on the other hand, clapped as he walked past them, whistling and cheering, "Thanks Potter, we owe you one!"
Only Ron stood by him.
"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -
And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -
Text 4: Our mother died when I was two, so I never felt her absence. She was a Graham from Montgomery; Atticus met her when he was first elected to the state legislature. He was middle-aged then, she was fifteen years his junior. Jem was the product of their first year of marriage; four years later I was born, and two years later our mother died from a sudden heart attack. They said it ran in her family. I did not miss her, but I think Jem did. He remembered her clearly, and sometimes in the middle of a game he would sigh at length, then go off and play by himself behind the car-house. When he was like that, I knew better than to bother him.
Учитель: Now you will see some extracts from the films you know very good. Write the names of actresses who play the main roles in these films.
Показывает отрывки из фильмов:
- "Grace of Monaco"
- "Maleficent: Mistress of Evil"
- "Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl "
Учитель: Listen to some pieces of music. Do you know the singers? Write their names, please.
Включает фрагменты песен:
- Whitney Houston "I will always love you"
- Celine Dion "My heart will go on"
- Adele "Someone like you"
- Selena Gomes "Love you like a love song"
- Lady Gaga "Bad Romance"
- Ariana Grande "No tears left to cry"
- Dua Lipa "New rules"
Учитель: Read the quotes and the names of famous scientists with information about their occupations. Try to match them!
- Tiera Guinn works as a Rocket Structural Design and Analysis Engineer for the Space Launch System that aerospace company Boeing is building for NASA.
- Mae C. Jemison is the first African-American female astronaut.
- Rachel Carson warned of the dangers of pesticides and chemicals to humans, plants, and animals, and was a landmark in the nation's environmental history.
- Rosalind Franklin was a British biophysicist known for revolutionary work discovering DNA, as well as understanding X-rays and molecular structure.
- Gertrude Elion was a biochemist and pharmacologist who developed drugs to treat leukemia and prevent kidney transplant rejection.
"No matter how tough it may be, no matter how many tears you might cry, you have to keep pushing. And you have to understand that nothing comes easy. Keeping your eyes on the prize, you can succeed."
- "In nature nothing exists alone"
- "Being first gives you a responsibility. You have a public platform and you must choose how to use it."
- "People ask me often (was) the Nobel Prize the thing you were aiming for all your life? And I say that would be crazy. Nobody would aim for a Nobel Prize because, if you didn't get it, your whole life would be wasted. What we were aiming at was getting people well, and the satisfaction of that is much greater than any prize you can get."
- "Science and everyday life cannot and should not be separated. Science, for me, gives a partial explanation of life. In so far as it goes, it is based on fact, experience, and experiment."
And now choose a name (напечатанные на отдельных карточках имена известных женщин, о которых говорилось в игре, лежат на столе обратной стороной наверх, чтобы не было видно имен) and match the name and the category. Обучающиеся выходят по одному из каждой команды по очереди, выбирают имя и прикрепляют его под названием соответствующей категории. Команда получает 1 балл за каждый правильный ответ.
Учитель: Let's check your score. The winner is …. I hope you've enjoyed the game. Look at the board. You can see a lot of female names on it. They changed the world. And maybe you can.