I. Guess what the children are going to be. Write the names of professions in the right way. (Some letters are already here):
1) Ann loves animals very much. She wants to be a v_ _.
2) Kate would like to work in a hospital. She is going to be a d _ _ _ _ _.
3) Ted wants to fly planes in future. He will be a p _ _ _ _.
4) Alice performs at a school theatre. Her dream is to become an a _ _ _ _ _s.
5) Paul can play football very well. His wish is to be a professional football p _ _ _ _ _.
6) Mike dreams of travelling in unknown lands. He is going to be an e _ _ _ _ r _ _.
7) Alex wants to design beautiful buildings. He’d like to be an a _ ch _ _ _ _ _.
II. What animals and birds will live in your dream Zoo? Match A and B columns to make word combinations:
|8) as playful as
9) as funny as
10) as wise as
11) as brave as
12) as busy as
13) as happy as
|a) an owl
b) a kitten
c) a lion
d) a monkey
e) a lark
f) a bee
III. What dreams did the heroes of your favourite books have? Match the name of the character and his/her dream:
|14) the Tin Woodman (“The Wizard of Oz”)
15) the Cowardly Lion (“The Wizard of Oz”)
16) Peter Pan
18) Malysh (A little boy) (“Carlsson-on-the Roof”)
|His/her dream was:
a) to go to the ball.
b) to become brave.
c) to have the heart.
d) to be always little and play.
e) to have a dog.
IV. Write the following words in 4 columns:
|My Dream School||My Dream Park||My Dream Flight to Space||My Dream Planet|
(19) a merry-go-round, (20) a spaceship, (21) green towns, (22) kindhearted people, (23) studying online, (24) presentations, (25) attractions, (26) good ecology, (27) the white board, (28) rollercoaster, (29) galaxy,
(30) peace, no wars, (31) a rocket, (32) aliens, (33) electronic books, (34) a big wheel, (35) interactive programs, (36) bumper cars, (37) a flying saucer, (38) clean air and water.
V. Make up questions to the underlined words:
39) They decorated the room yesterday.
40) Father usually buys flowers.
41) Granny has already made a cake.
42) Children are wearing funny hats.
43) You will go to the circus next Sunday.
VI. Choose the right variant:
44) Children _____ go to the theme park with _____ parents next Sunday.
a) will go; there b) will go; their c) went; there d) went; their
45) What _____ your brother do? – He is a programmer.
a) is b) does c) do d) are
46) Who _____ you Lego as a birthday present? – My father did.
a) gave b) did give c) give d) will give
47) _____ are you going to spend your holydays? – At the seaside.
a) When b) Where c) How d) Why
48) Your friend’s dream is to become a film star, _____?
a) aren’t you b) isn’t he c) aren’t they d) isn’t it
49) Look! He _____ a pony!
a) is riding b) rides c) rode d) ride
50) That day off with my parents was the _____ in my life.
a) happiest b) most happy c) happyest d) happier
51) I think people _____ to travel to other planets in the future.
a) be able b) could c) will be able d) can
52) His birthday is _____ April 8.
a) in b) - c) at d) on
53) Has his dream come true _____?
a) last month b) yet c) next month d) usually
VII. Complete the squares:
a) some b) any c) those d) they
a) second b) tenth c) once d) most
a) worst b) worth c) most d) least
a) a letter b) a bike c) a test d) a book
|ice - rink|
a) skate b) learn c) skip d) draw
a) singing b) sang c) sung
VIII. Read the text and fill in the missing words:
|story, air, green, come, ground, healthy, magic, South, last, tag|
Have you read the (60) _________ “A Rainbow – Flower” by Valentin Katayev?
A rainbow – flower has seven petals: yellow, orange, red, (61) _________, blue, light – blue and violet. It’s a (62) _________ flower. It can make any wish (63) _________ true. You should tear off a petal, throw it up in the (64) _________ and say:
Fly, petal, oh –
East to West you go.
Then North to (65) _________
And turn about.
Touch the (66) _________, do,
Make my wish come true.
The rainbow – flower helped the girl named Zhenya to realize her wishes. With the help of the (67) _________ petal the boy, who couldn’t run at all, became (68) _________ and began playing (69) _________ .
IX. Arrange the words in the logical order to make up a dialogue between Cinderella and Fairy:
- ( a ) I can help you, Cinderella. Now tell me, what’s you problem?
- ( b ) No, you can’t. Close your eyes, Cinderella! One, two, three! Now open your eyes!
- ( c ) The ball is starting. Who can help me?
- ( d ) Oh, Fairy Godmother, I can’t go to the ball. I can’t wear these old clothes to the ball.
- ( e ) But these clothes are beautiful!
- ( f ) Oh, thank you, thank you, Fairy Godmother!
- ( g ) And so are you, Cinderella. Now you can go to the ball and have a good time.
Ключи к тесту “Моя мечта” (Приложение)