1. Социокультурный аспект – знакомство с достопримечательностями США;
2. Развивающий аспект – развивать умение соотносить рисунок и текст, отвечать на вопросы, увеличение объёма оперативного запоминания путём постепенного увеличения речевых единиц на аудитивной и зрительной основе;
3. Воспитательный аспект – воспитание уважительного отношения к иноязычной культуре, бережного отношения к природе и памятникам архитектуры и искусства;
4. Учебный аспект – формирование навыков аудирования, монологического высказывания на основе прочитанного и услышанного.
- Презентация в Power Point;
- Дидактический раздаточный материал.
1. Good morning everybody! How are you? It’s a nice day today, isn’t it? Today we shall not read texts or learn dialogues. We were busy doing all that at the previous lessons. Today we shall travel. So imagine that you’re a group of Russian school children going to the USA. Look at the screen and read the topic of our lesson “What would you like to see in the USA?” (Слайд № 1) (Приложение 6 )Today we’ll go to the USA. Our journey will be interesting, I hope. We’ll make acquaintance with some sights in the USA and you will have to choose one of them for your travelling. Now let’s begin.
2. On your desks there are sheets of paper with some names from the USA. Let’s read them. (Чтение названий после учителя хором и индивидуально) (Приложение 7)
3. Now think a little and answer my questions.
T: Where do people get information about the country they are going to visit from?
- They get information from travel leaflets.
- They get information from books and encyclopedias.
- They get information from films and TV programs.
- They get information from personal letters.
T: Why should people go to the USA?
- People go to the USA to learn a new culture.
- They go to the USA to practice their English.
- People can see new places of interest.
- People go to the USA make new friends.
T: Now look at the second slide and check your suggestions. (Слайд № 2) You are quite right; people go to the USA for different reasons. And one of them is watching attractions. Remember and say what kinds of attractions there are.
P: There are nature, man-made and event attractions.
T: Yes, you are right. (Cлайд № 3)
And now look at the map of the USA and say what people can see in different places of the USA. (Слайд № 4) (Учащиеся смотрят на карту и высказывают предположения о достопримечательностях США по имеющимся на карте рисункам).
There are very many attractions in the USA and we can’t speak about all of them. We’ll try to learn some facts about the most interesting attractions of this big country. And we’ll begin our trip from Washington. Why do you think we’ll go to Washington first?
P: We’ll begin from Washington because Washington is the capital of the USA.
T: Yes, you are right. Let’s begin. You have the tables on your desks. While listening you should fill in this table.
4. Аудирование с показом слайдов с достопримечательностями США. (Слайды №№ 5 – 14)
5. Now take your activity sheets and let’s work with them. The first task is to answer the questions. (Приложение 8)
Can you say…
- …where the first skyscraper is?
- …what shape the boats in the Public Garden in Boston have?
- …what can we see in Washington?
- …where the President of the USA lives and works?
- …where Disneyland is?
- The first skyscraper is in New York. It is called Empire State Building.
- The boats in the Public Garden in Boston have the shape of the swans.
- We can see the White House in Washington.
- We can see many monuments in Washington.
- We can see the Capitol in Washington.
- The President of the USA lives and works in the White House.
- Disneyland is near Los-Angeles.
T: The next task is to match the situation and the place in the USA. So, answer the questions: Where would this people go? Why?
- Jane loves watching films and she dreams to meet a film star.
- James is interested in history of the USA.
- Robert wants to become an astronaut.
- Rachel is keen on entertainment.
- Phil and John are fond of cars.
- Ann wants to be a naturalist and work in a national park.
- Jane loves watching films and she dreams to meet a film star. I think she will go to Hollywood because many famous film stars live and work there.
- James is interested in history of the USA. I think he will go to Boston because Boston is famous for Boston’s Tea Party. James can see many places connected with this event there.
- Robert wants to become an astronaut. He would go to Houston because there is Manned Spacecraft Centre there.
- Rachel is keen on entertainment. She can go to different places. One of them is Disneyland. She can see characters from Disney’s cartoons there.
- And I think Rachel can go to Orlando because there is Island of Adventures there. And she likes entertainments very much. I think it would be interesting for her.
- Phil and John are fond of cars. I think they should go to Houston because the oldest and largest art car festival takes place there. They can see different cars there.
- Ann wants to be a naturalist and work in a national park. She should go to Yellowstone because she can learn more about her future profession there.
6. T: And now look at the last slide of our presentation and answer the questions. (Слайд № 15)
- Did you like our trip to the USA?
- Would you like to go there?
- What would you like to see in the USA?
- Why would you like to see it?
- I liked our trip because I learnt many interesting facts. I would like to go there because I want to see Manned Spacecraft Centre. I want to visit the Museum of this Centre and watch the clothes of American astronauts.
- I would like to go to Disneyland or to Disney World because I like Walt Disney’s cartoons very much.
- I would like to go to New York because it is the largest city of the USA and there many attractions there. I would like to visit Children’s Zoo in Central park because I like animals very much.
7. Teacher: Now, I’d like to say a few words in conclusion. We’ve travelled through the USA. And I see you enjoyed a lot. I’m glad that we learnt a lot about the USA and its attractions. It’s great when people have an opportunity to travel and expand their outlook. Our travelling is over. You worked well and your marks are…. Your home task is to summarize the facts from your tables and write a short essay about the USA. Good luck! See you tomorrow.