Образовательная задача: овладение приемами письменной речи, оформления личного письма;
Воспитательная задача: привить положительное отношение к спорту;
Развивающая задача: развить мышление, скорость реакции, кругозор.
Оборудование: экран, проектор или интерактивная доска, ноутбук с колонками, раздаточный материал.
Источники информации: интернет, учебник «Enjoy English» 7 класс, «Контрольно-измерительные материалы»7 класс, Москва, «ВАКО», 2012.
Good morning, I am glad to see you!
Today we continue our theme “SPORT”. We will speak about it, remember how to write a personal letter and do some exercises.
2. Phonetic drill
First, let’s work with our tongues:
Sport is fun for girls and boys.
It’s much better than the toys.
You can sledge and ski and skate
And play snowballs with Kate,
You can swim and play football,
Hockey, tennis, basketball.
You can jump, and you can run,
You can have a lot of fun. (to read, to translate)
Let’ remember different kind of sports. Game “Snowball”:
- What is your favorite kind of sports?
- I like hockey….
- I like hockey and football…
- I like hockey, football and polo…
I like football. What sentence is it? Declarative or interrogative? (Повествовательное или вопросительное). Повествовательное!
Let’s remember the word order in different kinds of sentences.
? General question:
? Special question:
Your task is to make up sentences. Work in pairs. I’ll give you 3 min. (slide 3)
- and, summer, the young, in, got up, the sea, sportsmen, early, in, swam.
- do, sports, you, how, do, often?
- brother, match, not, to, my, football, does, want, watch, a.
- everything, hockey, about, I, teams, players, and, know.
- any, part, competitions, you, take, in, do?
(Ask 5 pairs) Look at slide and check up if you are right. (slide 4)
- In summer the young sportsmen got up early and swam in the sea.
- How often do you do sports?
- My brother does not want to watch a football match.
- I know everything about hockey, teams and players.
- Do you take part in any competitions?
5. Main activity
a) Some days ago I got the letter from my old friend. She lives in Belgium and we write each other but not very often. So, (Milana) read the letter please.
Thank you for your letter. It was great to hear from you! Sorry I haven’t written for so log, but I was preparing for my tennis competition. You know I’m good at it. That’s why, I won the first prize!
Now I can travel. I’ve decided to visit Russia. I know there will be the Universiade in Kazan. What do you think about it? What national kinds of sports can I see there? Will we meet in Kazan?
I’ve got to go now. It’s time for my favorite sport show.
Hope to hear from you soon.
All the best,
- What is her name?
- What is this letter about?
- What is her favorite kind of sport?
b) Remind me the plan how to write the letter: (slide 6 mixed steps )
Put the steps in the right order.
- Step ?: answer the questions
- Step ?: put your address in the top right- hand corner of the letter
- Step ?: sign the letter.
- Step ?: ask 3 questions
- Step ?: write the greeting. Put comma after the greeting.
- Step ?: end the letter
- Step ?: start the letter with the greeting words
(slide 7 the right plan)
- Step 1: put your address in the top right- hand corner of the letter.
- Step 2: write the greeting. Put comma after the greeting.
- Step 3: start the letter with the greeting words
- Step 4: answer the questions
- Step 5: ask 3 questions
- Step 6: end the letter like this:
- Step 7: Sign the letter.
BREAK (slide 8 with fish)
Remember what phrases we can use at the beginning and at the ending of the letter (slide 9)
a) Let’s continue work with our letters.
The next task: you should fill in the words. (Work in pairs)
Compare your answers!
In your letter_________________ about how I do sport. Well, last____________ I had a very interesting trip to _________. I went there with my __________. We travelled by__________.
It took us _______ to get __________. The weather was ________ and________. I and my________ stayed at _________. We spent there _________ days. We watched _______________ competitions.
b) The last task: find the mistakes in the letter. (slide 10)
Dear friend thank you for your letter. I was very happy to hear from you.
Thank you very much for offering to send me a book for my birthday. I love reading different kinds of books, but my favorite genre is fantasy. I often read the most interesting books twice, for example, “Lord of the Rings” and “Harry Potter”.
I think it will be very interesting to read books about Harry Potter in English. Can you please send me the first book? It’s called “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone”. You ask me what books I definitely don’t like. I never read science fiction. I find it very boring.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you and to getting the present.
(slide 11 - the right letter)
I like your work today!
We remembered different kinds of sport, word order in the sentence, the plan of personal letter.
Write down your home task:
To write the letter.
- Физминутка - материал скачан с сайта Интернет-сообщества учителей pedsovet.su. Автор: Галкина Инна Анатольевна, учитель начальных классов МОУ «Водоватовская СОШ» Арзамасского района, Нижегородской области.
- Образец письма (slide 10) взят с сайта www.ege-language.ru/writingC1.html