- Формирование различных видов учебного чтения, умения анализировать, систематизировать, обобщать полученные знания, выделять главное;
- Обогащение и активизация языкового запаса, развитие умений и навыков устной речи на основе прочитанного;
- Культуроведческое обогащение школьников;
- Формирование навыков самоконтроля и взаимоконтроля..
Оснащение: карточки, интерактивная доска, учебник, аудиозапись
1 этап. Введение в языковую среду.
Teacher: Good morning, dear friends. I’m very glad to see you. How are you? Who is absent?
Далее идет вводная беседа, которая подводит к теме урока:
- What day is it today? (P. – It’s Monday)
- Is it your favorite school day? Why? (P.1 - It’s one of my favorite days because we have History today and it’s my favorite subject. P.2 – I don’t like Monday because we have too many lessons today. Etc.)
- Do you like going to school? Why? ( P. 1,2,3… - I like going to school because I can learn something new / enjoy studying / can meet my friends / etc.)
- What do you think we shall talk about today? (P. – May be about school life?)
Teacher: Yes, you are right. We shall talk about schools but not only about Russian ones. You will learn a lot of interesting information about different schools around the world. It is the topic of our lesson. What comes to your mind when you hear the word “school”? Thanks a lot. Now I would like you to listen to the text and do some tasks on it.
2 этап. Осмысление новой информации.
Teacher: Thanks a lot. Do you know that schools can be different? Look at the screen and match the types of the schools with their descriptions.
Match the types of the schools with their descriptions:
Teacher : What type of school do you study in?
Pupil – We study in the co-educational state school.
Прием «Групповая дискуссия»
Teacher: You know that there are some school rules which all students must follow. You can read some of them on the screen. Which of them are true for our school. Let’s discuss what you would like to change.
- There are lots of rules.
- Facilities and equipment are good. (e.g. libraries, science labs, sports equipment e.t.c)
- The teachers are strict.
- Students are motivated.
- There is a selection of unusual subjects to choose from.
- Students sit a lot of exams.
- Most students take part in extra-curricular activities (Ex. drama, sports)
- Students get a lot of homework.
- Most students live nearby.
Учащиеся выбирают правила и комментируют их, высказывают свою точку зрения:
P1 : Students don’t have to wear a uniform in our school. I don’ think that school uniform is a good idea. It isn’t comfortable and doesn’t show our individuality. But we have dress code.
P2: Facilities and equipment are good. We have a science lab and a modern gym, a large swimming pool.
Teacher : And now let’s read about different schools around the world. Open you books at page 46 and do exercises 2 and 3. Listen to the text and check up.
Now we shall be divided into four groups. I’ll give you these cards. Your task is to fill in the information from the text and than find the leader in your group and speak about your countries and specific features.
I would like to listen to your opinions. What new or unusual information have you learned from the text.
P1 - I was surprised to know that in some American schools students can study such subjects as comic book art, song writing or photography. I would like to study them too.
P2 – I don’t like that in one Chinese school training starts at 5.30. I think it’s too early. P3 – I agree that cleaning of the school before leaving it is a good idea, because if we cleaned our school we would not make it dirty.
Teacher: And now we shall make a TV bridge between the British and Russian students. Fatima will be a journalist. Let’s talk about your schools.
- When does your school start?
- How do you get to school?
- Do pupils in your school wear a uniform?
- What languages do you teach?
- Do your students take part in extra-curricular activities?
- Do you have any exams?
- What about Information Technology and computers? Do you have any?
- What about your homework? Do you have much?
- What are the relations between teachers and students in your countries?
Thanks for your answers.
3 этап. Рефлексия. Домашнее задание. Your home task is exercise 6, page 47. Write a short article about your school (40-80words)
Домашнее задание дифференцированное, так как объем эссе от 40 ( для слабых учащихся) до 80 (для сильных) слов.