Цель: обобщение изученного материала по темам “Достопримечательности”, “Известные люди”, “Животные”, “Праздники”.
- актуализация изученного материала по темам “Достопримечательности”, “Известные люди”, “Животные”, “Праздники”;
- поддержание интереса учащихся к изучению английского языка;
- расширение кругозора учащихся.
Оборудование: экран, проектор, сигнальные карточки, медали.
Учащиеся делятся на 2 команды, выбираются капитаны, ребята придумывают названия команд. Дается установка – “Капитан поднимает сигнальную карточку только после обсуждения ответа всеми членами команды и называет отвечающего”.
- Hello my dear boys and girls. I am glad to see you today. Do you like to play games? Today you will have a chance to take part in “The world around me”.
We shall have 2 tours. Each tour will have 4 topics. Each topic includes 5 tasks. Each task has its price. You will try to get as many points as you can.
Please, divide into 2 teams and choose the captain of your team. Are you ready? Let's start.
Вопросы первого тура.
- Great Britain
- Famous People
- Who is this woman? What is she? (Natalya Komarova)
- What is this? Where is it situated? (Fountain Rotonda, Central Square)
- What is there behind the picture? (Cyril and Mephody)
- What is there behind the picture? (River Assol)
- What are these sights? (Bridge Red Dragon, River Assol, Fountain Rotonda)
- What is the capital of Great Britain? (London)
- What do you see on the picture? (Trafalgar Square)
- What do you see on the picture? (The Houses of Parliament, Big Ben)
- What do you see on the picture? (Tower Bridge)
- The woman with a special sign “Stop, Children!” (Lollipop Lady)
- English poet, author of “Romeo and Juliet”. (William Shakespeare)
- Singer, guitar player, member of the “Beatles”. (John Lennon)
- Great English scientist, author of “theory of evolution”. (Charles Darwin)
- This master of water-colors drew ruined abbeys and castles. (Joseph Turner)
- Well-known politician, the first woman Prime Minister of Britain. (Margaret Thatcher)
- What is the biggest land animal in the world? (Elephant)
- Find the odd word out: camel, kangaroo, giraffe, lion, elephant.
- Find the odd word out: eagle, hen, duck, cockerel, turkey.
- What does this sign mean: Keep off the grass (по газонам не ходить).
- What exotic animals appeared in Great Britain for the first time? (Leopards, elephants)
It’s time to relax.
Please, stand up and make some actions.
Imagine that you are travelers, and you are on Desert Island and you must explore it.
First you go toward jungles.
In the jungles you see a big angry lion and you begin to run faster and faster.
But there is a river on your way, you dive in it and begin to swim.
However lion follows you.
At the shore of the river you see a tree and begin to climb higher and higher.
And the lion doesn’t overtake you and goes away.
Вопросы второго тура.
- The USA.
- Who is this man? What is he? (Barack Obama)
- What is the capital of the USA? (А: Washington, B: New-York, C: London, D: Paris)
- Where does the American president live and work? (А: White House, B: Black House, C: Big House, D: Kremlin)
- Where is Hollywood situated? (А: New-York, B: Washington, C: Los Angeles, D: Philadelphia)
- How many stars are there on the flag of the USA? (А: 58, B: 80, C: 50, D: 48)
- Who was the first cosmonaut in the world? (Yuri Gagarin)
- What planet is it? (The Earth)
- What do you see on the picture? (А: USA, B: UFO, C: PE, D: IT)
- How many signs are there in the Astrological circle? (12)
- Who was the first into the space? (Monkeys)
- Where can you see the statue of the famous fairy-tale hero Peter Pen? (Kensington Gardens)
- The famous museum of waxworks figures in London is … (Madam Tussaud)
- The place where you can act in films, TV programs or draw your own cartoons is … (MOMI)
- What is this? (Westminster Abbey)
- What is this? (Buckingham Palace)
- On this day people make the lanterns of pumpkins. (Halloween)
- When do people visit their mothers and give the flowers and presents to them? (Mother'?s Day)
- When do people send special postcards to someone they love? (St Valentine's Day)
- What is the first day of the year? (The New Year)
- When do people give each other chocolate eggs? (Easter)
Команда победителей награждается памятными медалями.