Большое значение в овладении иностранным языком как средством общения имеют уроки домашнего чтения. Ведь именно такие уроки способствуют лучшему усвоению языкового и речевого материала учащимися, расширяют их знания в области изучаемого языка, формируют самостоятельность мышления, развивают логику, интеллект, познавательные интересы.
У учащихся формируется художественный вкус, они учатся анализировать и обобщать, аргументировать, и контраргументировать. Работа учителя над уроком домашнего чтения начинается с выбора литературного материала. Его правильный выбор во многом определяет дальнейшие результаты работы. При выборе нужно учитывать следующие особенности учащихся: во-первых, их интересы, определяемые возрастом, культурным уровнем; во-вторых, степень овладения языком. Литературный материал должен быть интересен учащимся, доступен для их понимания, но при этом не быть примитивным.
В качестве такого материала, на мой взгляд, целесообразнее выбирать короткие новеллы, рассказы, отрывки из повести или романа.
И если этому следовать, то на каждом уроке можно рассмотреть все стороны выбранного материала литературного произведения, провести все виды работы над ним.
На уроках домашнего чтения следует стремиться использовать все виды речевой деятельности: говорение, аудирование, письмо, перевод.
Два основных элемента работы с текстом присутствуют на каждом уроке: проверка понимания прочитанного (монолог, диалог, дискуссия) и письмо.
Цель урока: обобщить знания по рассказу американского писателя Фрэдмэна «Carol».
- Образовательная: развивать навыки диалогической и монологической речи учащихся по рассказу «Carol».
- Развивающая: способствовать развитию устной речи на базе прочитанного, развивать умственные способности учащихся, совершенствовать и тренировать память, развивать мышление и закрепить знания по рассказу «Carol».
- Практическая: практиковать учащихся в устной речи и чтении по теме «Carol».
1. Организационный момент (беседа с дежурным по классу). Приветствие.
Good morning, children. How are you?
I hope you are fine. I see all you are present.
Who is on duty today?
What day is it today?
What date is it today?
What was your homework for today?
2. Вводное слово учителя.
a) T. – Are sitting comfortable? OK. Now Let’ start our lesson. Get everything necessary for the lesson!
T. – What was the homework for today?
P. – Our homework for today was…
b) Look at the bleak board. You see the sentence.
People stop thinking when they stop reading.
What do you translate this sentence?
Do you agree with this words?
3. So today at this English lesson we shall read and discuss the text “Carol”. After that some of you will tell us your stories and your dialogues about this text. And at the end of our lesson we shall do some tasks with the text.
I would like to offer your attention the poem “Books” listen to me please.
(By A. Burlakova)
Books are full of many things
That I would like to know.
Books are full of greatest men
That lived long, long ago.
Books are full of countries
That I would like to see.
Books are full of people
That I would like to be
Books are full of children
That I would like to meet
Books are our best friends
As people often say.
Books teach us to live. We learn many things by reading books.
4. Now boys and girls take these sheets of papers and look through the first task …begin to read this task.
(Ученик зачитывает первое задание к тексту по-русски).
Listen to me and revise after me please.
Carol – [`k r l]
noisy – [`n izi ]
Johnny – [`d ni]
to cover – [`kΛv ]
Ruth – [ruθ]
freckle – [`frekl]
Christine – [`kristi:n]
to call for –
twins – [twinz]
to move – [mu:v ]
all right class. Let’s read the text aloud.
Will you begin, Vova?
Will you go on Ira?
(Спросить чтение 4–5 учащихся, каждый вид работы оценивается сразу).
5. To begin with I’ll check your understanding of the text through various types of questions
- Who is the main character in the text?
- How years old was Carol?
- What can you say about her brother and her sister?
- Why did Carol not like New York?
- Who helped Carol to make new friends?
- What kind of competition took place in the library?
(Перед 6-м этапом урока следует обратиться ко второму заданию в работе с текстом).
6. In a few centences say what you learn about the central character.
Who will tell us. Lena! Do you?
- The main character of this story is Carol.
- She was eleven and half years old.
- She had one brother and one sister.
- They were twins.
- Carol and her family had to move to New York.
- Carol didn’t like this city.
- The streets were noisy.
- And she saw no gardens near the houses.
- Carol did not want to have new friends in New York.
- But one day a girl and a boy came to see Carol.
- They will be her friends soon.
7. Tell us about Carol’s new friends in New York in your own words.
- One day a girl came to see Carol.
- Her name was Ruth.
- She had thick black hair and very grey eyes.
- Ruth talked about their school and the teachers.
- Then a boy visited Carol.
- He was tall.
- And he was about thirteen years old.
- He had red hair and his round face and arms were covered with freckles.
- His name was Pat.
- Pat and Ruth asked Carol to come to the park the next day.
8. Ask each other some questions about this story.
M. – Hello! How are you?
T. – Fine, thanks. M I would like to ask you about the story. Can you answer my question please?
M. – Certainly. With pleasure.
T. – M what do you think? What is the main idea for this story?
M. – I think the main idea of this story is already?
T. – Yes. I have read this story already. M what can you say about Carol’s friends?
M. – I can say her friends were very kind, clever and talented children.
T. – Well! I think so. Thank you for your opinion. I was very glad to speak with you about this story.
– See you. Good buy.
9. Look though the black – board. In front of you the picture. Let us look at the picture together, describe the picture and say what is happening.
(Описание картинки, рис. 1).
- In this picture we can see a flat.
- This is a living – room.
- In the living room we can see two children.
- The boy and the girl.
- The boy’s name is Pat.
- The girl’s name is Carol.
- Pat is new Carol’s friend in New York.
- He is thirteen years old.
- He is playing the piano.
- Carol is standing near the piano.
- She is listening to music.
10. In a few sentences say what you learn about the central character, and main idea of this story.
Tell us your opinion about books.
- This story was written by Fredman.
- Fredman was an American writer.
- This story about girl’s life.
- She and her family lived in a small town not far from New York.
- But the father found work in New York and they had to move to that city.
- I think the main idea of this story is friendship.
- The auther talked about friendly family, about love to each other in this family.
- In this story we have met with good, kind, clever and talented children from New York.
- This story is interesting and useful.
- And I think my class liked this story too.
- Didro was right when he said: “People stop thinking, when they stop reading”.
- I agree with him.
- The books are our best friends.
- We learn many things by reading books.
11. Take your sheets of papers and do some tasks with the text.
(Задания на отдельных листах выполняет каждый).
12. Итог урока:
What have we done at this English lesson?
13. Homework: At home could you read the second part of the story “Carol”.
This your homework for Friday next time.
Well, that will be all for today. Thank you for your work. You may go.
Прочитайте рассказ о событиях в жизни девочки, переехавшей с семьёй из небольшого городка в Нью-Йорк. При чтении обратите внимание на произнесение следующих собственных имен:
Carol […], Johnny […], Ruth […], Christine […].
Carol did not like New York the first minute she saw it. She was eleven and a half years old. Her brother Johnny and her sister Jenny were eight. They were twins. Before that the family lived in a small town not far from New York. They had a nice house there which stood in a large garden with old trees and beautiful flowers. But the father found work in New York and they had to move to that city.
Carol did not like the high buildings in New York, and she saw no gardens near the houses. The streets were noisy. In their flat they could hear the cars and buses running in the streets day and night.
They could hear the radio in the flat on the right and they could hear how the doors opened and shut it the flat on the left. Carol did not like their flat either. The rooms were small and low.
The twins liked everything – the city and the house, the flat and the people. Very soon they made friends with the boys and the girls in their house and were happy. Carols friends were in that small town and she did not want to have new friends in New York. The twins fried to help Carol to make new friends and asked some boys and girls of their house to come and see their sister.
One day girl came to see Carol. Her name was Ruth. She had thick black hair and grey eyes. Ruth talked about their school and the teachers. Then she asked Carol to come to the park the next day. Then a boy visited Carol. He was tall and about thirteen years old. He had red hair and his round face and arms were covered with freckles.
“I am Pat,” he said and walked past Carol into the living – room. “The twins asked me to come and see you,” he said. The boy walked round the room, went up to the piano, sat down and played something. Pat told Carol that he lived on the next floor.
Carols mother came and brought in a dish of sweets. Pat stayed for a few minutes more, ate some sweets and then said good – bay. “See you in the park tomorrow, Carol,” he said.
Carol did not want to go to the park the next day. But the weather was fine and she was glad when Ruth called for her.
When the girls reached the park, they saw many children. The twins were there too. Ruth took Carol to a girl who sat on a bench and drew something on a piece of paper. Ruth said to Carol, “This is Christine, she can draw very well. The teacher always hangs her pictures on the wall.”
Carol told Ruth that she could draw very well to. “Our teacher always liked my pictures, but I don’t know what I can here.”
“You can draw flowers and trees in the park,” Ruth said, “we shall have an art competition in the library on the first of August. You can take part in the competition.”
twins – близнецы
to cover – покрывать
to move – переезжать
freckle – веснушка
noisy – шумный
to call for – заходить
1. Обратить внимание на произнесение следующих собственных имён и английских слов:
Carol, Johnny, Ruth, Christine, twins, to move, noisy, to cover, freckle, to call for, hangs, competition.
2. Повтори три формы глагола и напиши их
make ---- ----
stay ---- ----
---- did ----
open ---- ----
---- brother ----
say ---- ----
---- sat ----
3. Выбери правильный вариант окончания предложения
- When the girls reached the park…
- the first minute she saw it
- to come to the park the next day.
- they saw many children.
- Ruth took Carol to a girl who sat on a bench…
- on a piece of paper.
- and drew something on a piece of paper/
- to the park the next day.
- Then she asked Carol to…
- brought in a dish of sweets.
- when Ruth called for her.
- come to the park next day.
- Carol did not like New York…
- her pictures on the wall.
- the first minute she saw it.
- lived on the next floor.
4. Раздели на слова, и составь предложение, переведи его.
5. Ответь на вопросы в письменной форме.
- Who was the main character of the story?
- Where did Carol’s father find work?
- What did Carol’s mother bring?
6. Реши кроссворд
- Name of the main character of the story.
- What did pupils have in the library on first of August?
- Name of the boy who had red hair and his face and arms were covered with freckles.
- Name of the city where Carol and family had to move to.
- The main idea of the story.
- Where did Carol and her friends come to the next day.