Цель урока: развитие языковых, интеллектуальных, коммуникативных способностей учащихся. Формирование положительной мотивации учения.
Оборудование: текст для чтения, карточки с диалогом
Урок проходил в 8-м классе по учебнику Т.Клементьевой “Счастливый Английский – 2”. Раздел 6 “Увлечения и спорт” стр.250-251. Урок IV, на предыдущих уроках учащиеся знакомились с новыми лексическими единицами и речевыми образцами, отрабатывалось их произношение, т.е. происходило накопление лексического материала.
Good morning children. Today we continue our work at the theme “sports”. Thousands years ago ancient Greeks said: “A sound mind is in a sound body.” Millions of people who go in for sports know from their own experience that this famous saying is true to fact. At the same time a great number of people do not go in for sports. Some of them realize that sports is useful but prefer watching sport competitions on TV to going in for it themselves. Today the lesson we shall speak about the three most popular American sports. We shall do some exercises and find out if sport is important in our life.
- Фонетическая зарядка.
- Read in chorus, (individually)
, [i:], [u:], [a:]
- Name the sound , ([i:], [u:], [a:])
- Find and read the words with this sound.
- Which letter(s) give(s) us this sound? (вспоминаем правила чтения)
- Name the odd words (to shoot, to bounce), explain your choices. (verbs)
- What game shall we describe if we use all these words? (basketball)
- I’ll read you some definitions and you should match the words from our list.
- A ring made of metal. (a hoop)
- An enclosed place for games. (a court)
- A group (set) of players who form one side in a game or sport. (a team)
- To throw a ball so, that it jumps. (to bounce)
- The number of points or goals made in a game. (a score)
- To throw or kick a ball in an attempt to score points. (to shoot)
- What was left out. (a basket and a ball)
- I want you to describe the word “a ball” – give the definition to this word. I’ll ask you some questions to help you.
- Is it an object or a sound? (an object)
- What shape does it have? (round)
- Where is it used? (in games)
Please, give the definition of the word “a ball”. A ball is a round object used in games and sports.
- Please, name these games, as many as you know.
Football, basketball, volleyball …
- Can you name the three most popular sports in America?
Baseball, football and basketball.
- Постепенно расширяющееся предложение используется для развития непосредственной памяти, формирования навыков употребления языкового материала, совершенствования произносительных навыков.
- Repeat in chorus:
- Baseball, football and basketball
- Baseball, football and basketball are popular sports
- Baseball, football and basketball are popular sports in America.
- Baseball, football and basketball are the most popular sports in America.
- Baseball, football and basketball are probably the most popular sports in America.
- Baseball, football and basketball are probably the three most popular sports in America.
- Baseball, football and basketball are probably the three most popular sports in America,
both the athletes and their fans.
- Try to repeat this sentence by yourselves.
- Развитие навыков аудирования, оперативной памяти, нацеленной на осмысление и вероятностное прогнозирование.
- Look at the blackboard. Here you can see some information about basketball. Read and choose the answer which is right in your opinion.
|Basketball was (1) … [a)made; b)invented; c)called; d)born] by Dr James A. Naismith in Springfield, Massachusetts. Today, basketball is usually played (2) … [a)out; b)in; c)into; d)indoors] on a court. There are ten players in a team but only five of them are on the court at the (3) … [a)other; b)right; c)same; d)wrong] time. A game consists of two halves of twenty minutes each, so a complete game lasts (4) … [a)twenty; b)forty; c)sixty; d)ten] minutes altogether. At each end of the court there is a basket and the object of the game is to throw the ball into the (5) …[a)opponent’s; b)team’s; c)club’s; d) man’s] basket and score as many points as possible.|
Ученики читают предложения, дают свои предположительные варианты ответов. Учитель подчеркивает ответы. Затем учитель читает текст, дети сравнивают данные ими ответы с прозвучавшей информацией. После прослушивания исправляют неверные ответы.
- Listen to me and compare your answers and the real information.
Basketball was (1) invented by Dr James A. Naismith in Springfield, Massachusetts. Today, basketball is usually played (2) indoors on a court. There are ten players in a team but only five of them are on the court at the (3) same time. A game consists of two halves of twenty minutes each, so a complete game lasts (4) forty minutes altogether. At each end of the court there is a basket and the object of the game is to throw the ball into the (5) opponent’s basket and score as many points as possible.
- Correct the wrong answers
- Проверка домашнего задания.
What else do you know about basketball? (учебник стр. 250 -251)
What can you tell us about baseball (American football)
- Задание на аудирование и изучающее чтение.
Take the cards with a dialogue. Please, look at the cards and listen to retelling of this dialogue. Notice the missing information in the speech:
Учитель пересказывает диалог в косвенной речи, опуская некоторые факты.
Tom asked Jane if she went in for sports. Jane answered that she did. Tom wanted to know if Jane’s brother was a member of a basketball team. Jane answered that he was. Then she added that her brother was a good player, because he trained a lot. Tom explained Jane that he liked to watch basketball games, but he preferred to watch American football. Jane wondered what American football was.
Tom: Jane, do you go in for sport?
Jane: Yes, I do. I like to swim best of all.
Tom: I know that your brother is fond of playing basketball. Is he a member of a basketball team?
Jane: Yes, he is. He trains a lot. He is a good player.
Tom: I want to say that I like to watch basketball games, but it is rather pleasant to watch
Jane: American football? What is it?
… Sport is very important in our life. …
What was omitted?
(P1: Jane answered that she liked to swim best of all. P2: Tom told Jane (that) he knew that her brother was fond of playing basketball)
- Практика диалогической речи.
Complete and act the dialogue. Use the new information from the text on the board.
- Подведение итогов урока.
- Which dialogue was the most interesting for you? Why?
- What have you learnt today the lesson?
- Do you agree that it is useful to go in for sports?
- Домашнее задание.
- Find some historical facts about any game (sport) you choose.
- Think about some facts to prove that it is useful to go in for sports. (mini-work in writing)
Thank you for your active work. Good-bye!