- Развитие коммуникативных умений учащихся в говорении, понимании на слух и в письме.
- Формирование умения решать коммуникативные задачи коллективно; воспитание чувства взаимной поддержки, взаимоуважения.
- Воспитание бережливого отношения к окружающей среде, к родному краю.
Presenter (P): Good morning, friends. I’m glad to see you. They say “Beauty Saves the World”. What makes the world beautiful?
Students(S): Animals, flowers, trees, nature.
P: Will you ask each other riddles about animals, flowers.
S: How long does the mouse live? (it depends if there is a cat)
What always goes to sleep wearing his shoes? (a horse)
What is the name of the insect: it gets up early; it works all day if it is not raining; it likes flowers; it lives in a hive? (a bee)
Red or rosy
In summer I grow
I’m a fine flower
Is all you know. (a rose)
In winter and in summer they stand in one colour. What are they? (a fir-tree)
P: Our nature is in danger. Look at the posters. They present different environmental problems. Paraphrase and match the problems up to the posters.
- Animals are disappearing (extinction of animals)
- Forests are cutting down (deforestation)
- Dirty rivers, seas, oceans (water pollution)
- Plants throw wastes into the air (air pollution)
P: As you have already guessed our topic is “Environmental Protection”. Think of the
motto of our competition.
S: – “We Are the World’s Friends”
– “Nature Is a Church”
– “Nature Is Our Home” etc.
P: Let’s choose the best one and write it on the blackboard.
P: What can cause the environmental problem? Find the hidden words among these letters
E Y G A I M P A P E R L
R U A F W P I G L A S S
T H S U S A J N A I N J
C H E M I C A L S J M I
A P S E U K L I T T E R
N S F S R U B B I S H I
O K N I N J H V C L F J
(Paper, glass, chemicals, litter, rubbish, can, gases, fumes, pack, plastic)
V. Captains’ competition.
P: The task for captains is to create a one-minute speech “How I Can Save the World”. While the captains are getting ready the teams are suggested guessing the decomposition times of different kinds of rubbish.
What is approximate decomposition time of
1. Banana peel
a) one month;
b) six month;
c) one year.
2. Wool sock
a) one year;
b) five years;
c) ten years.
3. Tin cans
a) fifty years
b) one hundred years;
c) five hundred years.
4. Hlastic bottles
a) one hundred years;
b) five hundred years;
c) one thousand years.
a) one thousand years;
b) three thousand years;
Key: 1.b, 2.a, 3.b, 4.b, 5.c.
P: Now let’s listen to our captains.
P: There are ecological problems on the blackboard. You have cards with solutions to these problems. Match problems and their solutions.
- Water is polluted (stop throwing wastes)
- Air is polluted (remove factories from cities)
- Birds and animals die (stop hunting)
- Forests are disappearing (plant trees and flowers)
- Littering (recycle more).
VII. Game “Domino”
P: You have cards with syllables. Create slogans from these syllables.
- Help to keep all water clean!
- Don’t harm plants!
- Protect animals and fish!
- Plant trees and flowers!
- Recycling saves nature!
P: Let’s stick all these slogans on the poster and always follow them.
Home work: write an essay “Ecological Problems of Our Region”
- Биболетова М.З., Трубанева Н,Н,, “Enjoy English” для 8 класса.– Обнинск: Титул, 2008.
- Клементьева Т.Б., Шэннон Д.А., “Happy English 2”.– Обнинск: Титул, 2004.
- “Иностранные языки в школе”, №6, 2006.
- “Иностранные языки в школе”, №3, 2005.