1. Развитие у учащихся языковых,
интеллектуальных и творческих способностей.
2. Воспитание речевой культуры школьников и культуры общения.
3. Формирование положительной мотивации у учащихся.
Good afternoon, dear friends!
Speaker1 (S1): Today is an unusual day. We have gathered to hold a party at “Our favourite characters”. That’s why the walls of our hall are decorated with the pictures of our favourite books and cartoons` heroes.
(S2): Together with the characters we sail in the stormy sea, fly into space and have a lot of adventures. Who hasn’t read “Alice in Wonderland” by Lewis Carroll, the adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain or “Mowgli” by Rudyard Kipling?
(S1): Who hasn’t travelled with Mary Poppins to her imaginary world? And who
hasn’t imagined himself to be Robinson Crusoe on the desert island?
(S2): Now let’s see how well you remember them! Greet the members of the 1st team.
(S1): Meet the members of the 2ndteam. Each team will be asked to guess a character of a book and awarded 1 point for every correct answer.
(S2): So let’s start our literary contest!
1. He is the main character in a children`s fairy tale. He is a boy who never grows up. He can fly and lives in a magic place. His best friends are three children. They have a lot of adventures in the magic world.
2. She is a character in a book. She falls down a rabbit hole and finds herself in a magic land. The girl meets many strange animals and people. Her adventures are very unusual. One day she steps through a mirror (looking glass).
3. He is a character in a children`s story. He is a small boy and grows up in the jungle in India. Animals help him, take care of him and teach the boy a lot of good lessons. These animals are his real family.
4. She is a character in a fairy tale. She is a beautiful young girl and lives at her father`s house with her stepmother and 2 stepsisters. Her clothes are very old and dirty. Once her Godmother helps her to go to the ball and gives her a pair of beautiful glass shoes.
5. He is the best friend of a boy called Christopher Robin. He is a teddy bear and is very brave, clever, cheerful and helpful. He has many friends and likes to invent songs and poems. His favourite food is honey.
6. This girl is from an old children`s story. This young girl lives with her mother in
the forest. Once she took a basket with tasty cakes and went to see her Granny. But the
Big Bad Wolf ate the girl`s Granny.
7. He is a character in a children`s story. He is a wooden puppet who comes alive as a real boy. He has got a long nose. His nose grows longer when he tells lies.
(S1): Now, let’s watch how the pupils from 6 C grade will perform the scene from our
favourite book in childhood “The adventures of Tom Sawyer”.
(S2): On the stage Tom Sawyer and his friends.
(S1): Many children dream of a kind and lovely nurse like Mary Poppins. Just as I said today is a magic day and our heroes can alive! Look! Here she is! Hurry up to see her!
(S2): The pupils from 5 A have prepared a song “Hush, little baby!” (Исполняется сценка c Мэри Поппинс.)
(S1): Thanks a lot! Do you believe in wonders?
(S2): Personally I don’t. Why?
(S1): I advise you to listen to a wonderful song prepared by 6A form. You’ll see how a magic voice can make wonders. (''She walks in beauty'')
(S2): That was so exciting in fact! Thanks a million! Now, it’s my turn to show you wonders. Have you ever been to Scotland?
(S1): Unfortunately, I haven’t.
(S2): Then let’s see how 2 girls travelled to Scotland with the help of a magic stone. (6А)
(S1): That was really great! What toys did you used to play with when you were little?
(S2): Personally I used to play with teddy Bear, cars… And you?
(S1): As for me, I was keen on playing with Barbie and Ken.
(S2): OK, The form 6B have a surprise for us, they will sing a song “Barbie girl”.
(S1): Fantastic! Have you ever seen a puppet theatre?
(S2): No, I haven’t.
(S1): Today you`ll have a great chance to see it. The 6 A form will show us his Puppet theatre “3 bears”. Let`s meet them. (6А)
(S1): Do you like watching cartoons?
(S2): I think we all do.
(S1): By the way, do you know that today one of the Walt Disney’s cartoon character Mickey Mouse celebrated his 85 birthday?
(S2): Really? That’s great! He`s already a granddadJ.
(S1): Let’s listen to a song prepared for us by the 5B form “Old McDonald had a farm”.
(S2): We have so much fun today. But business before pleasure, you know.
(S1): What does it mean?
(S2): It means work done, have your fun.
(S1): I see you’re very hard working like an ant from a famous fable “The Grasshopper and the ant”
(S2): Yes, I am. Let’s see the performance prepared for us by the 6th C form.
(S1): Meet please “The Grasshopper and the ant”.
(S2): Our party is coming to the end. L The pupils of the club “Lingua” would like to sing a very funny song about what will happen with the bottles if one green bottle falls (Песня “5 green bottles” 5A B)
(S1): Our magic party has come to the end and we’d like to thank you for coming and showing your knowledge not only in the English language but as well in drama skills, singing and dancing.
(S2): Of course, we say “thank you” our dear Teachers who taught us patiently. We hope party like this You Will Never Ever Miss! See you later, Bye!!! J
(S1): See u around, bye!!! J