- практиковать учащихся в аудировании, в групповой и парной работе по теме урока,
- развивать способности к распределению внимания, к догадке, сравнению и сопоставлению, к формулированию выводов из прочитанного текста,
- прививать учащимся любовь и бережное отношение к природе и окружающей среде.
Учебные пособия: картинки с изображениями времен года, с местами отдыха людей, звукозапись песни группы “Биттлз”, пословицы:”He who doesn’t love his country can love nothing”, “One couldn’t pluck a flower without troubling a star”, “Actions speak louder than words”.
I. Фонетическая зарядка.
Repeat the words, please.
Clean and fresh water, wonderful nature, to protect nature, to solve ecological problems, air pollution, environmental organization, litter, trash, rubbish, to damage trees, to frighten birds and animals, to make a fire, to throw rubbish into the river, to pollute water, things to be reused and recycled.
II. Речевая зарядка.
Agree or disagree.
1) Nature gives people a lot.
2) The land, the forests and the rivers are a great treasure to people.
3) People love nature in different ways.
4) Children like animals.
5) It is interesting to study the animal world.
6) It is important to keep rivers clean.
7) It is necessary to feed birds in winter.
III. Прослушивание песни “Imagine” в исполнении группы “Beatles”.
Listen to the song “Imagine”, please.
l) Do you know who performs this song?
2) Is this a well-known English group?
3) Do you like this group?
4) Do you enjoy listening to this song?
5) What is this song about?
6) Is it about the wish of people to live in peace and friendship in this world?
IV. Let's speak about the world we live in.
1. The world around us is wonderful, isn't it?
2. Is it wonderful in all the seasons?
3. What season do you like most? Why?
4. Some people say autumn is a dull season. Why do they say so?
b) Describe each season of the year.
Talk about its weather, its nature.
1. Compare summer and autumn, please.
– Summer is wonderful. There are many long sunny days and there is no school. Some children spend their summer holidays at the seaside, some -in the mountains and some - in the country. Sometimes it is hot in summer, sometimes it is warm. We can swim in the river or in the lake. The fields and the forests are full of flowers. In summer we can go for berries and mushrooms to the forest. I like summer holidays.
- Autumn is a beautiful season too. In September the countryside is very beautiful. The weather is usually dry, sunny and nice. The trees in the forest are green, yellow, red and brown. The air is fresh. There are a lot of vegetables and fruit in the gardens.
But in October and November it gets colder. The sky is grey, there are many clouds in the sky. There is much rain and fog. The weather is dull and wet. The birds fly away to warm countries. The leaves fall down from trees and cover the ground. Sometimes it snows. Nature slowly falls asleep for winter.
2. Compare winter and spring, please.
-Winter is a beautiful season. The winter months are December, January and February. It is usually cold in winter. All the rivers and lakes are frozen. The trees are white with snow. The ground is covered with snow too.
In winter the days are short and the nights are long. The sky is often grey. It often snows. Children often ski and skate and play snowballs. Boys like to play hockey. They have great fun in winter.
-April, March and May are spring months. Snow melts in spring, days become longer and nights are shorter. Streams are babbling, it's getting warm. The sun often shines brightly, the sky is blue. In April the trees are in bud. The birds are flying back from the warm countries. You can see the first flowers in the forest - snowdrops.
Springtime is a very happy time. Trees are green, everything is joyful and gay. It is warm in spring.
V. Чтение наизусть учащимися стихов о
There are many nice poems about nature. Let's listen to some of them.
1)Come to the woods
On a sunny day,
Come to the woods
On a day in May
Look at the grass
At the busy bees,
Look at the birds
In the green, green trees
A flower is looking through the ground,
Blinking at the April weather,
Now a child has seen the flower,
Now they go and play together.
Now it seems the flower will speak,
And will call the child its brother-
But, oh strange forgetfulness?
They don't recognize each other.
By H. Munroe.
VI. Беседа с учащимися о природе.
a) Many people like to live in cities. They like big houses, busy streets and cars. But they also love nature. During their vacations they go to the woods, to the seaside or spend a good time in the country. They like to watch animals, birds in the forest or in the fields.
What interesting things can you see when you go for a walk in the woods or in the fields? Have you ever seen animals in the forest?
- Once when I walked in the forest I saw squirrels in a tree. It was interesting to watch them. They jumped from one tree to another. The squirrels were grey. I threw them nuts and biscuits. They were hungry and they ate them.
b) And what can you see when you walk near a lake or a river?
-Once I saw ducks. My friends and I were in the forest.Wе went there for mushrooms and berries last autumn. In the forest there was a lake and we saw ducks there. They were dark grey. It was fun to watch them.
c) What interesting things would you tell us?
- I'd like to tell you about sparrows. They like to live in towns and villages. They like town streets and yards best. Sparrows can eat almost everything. They do not fly away when winter comes. They can live in very cold weather.
VII. Практика в диалогической речи.
Your hometask was to make up dialogues about nature. Let's listen to some of them.
a) - I wonder, what do you do on Sunday?
- Nothing special.
- Then, let's go to the forest.
- Oh, it's a nice idea. I like to watch birds best of all.
- And I'd like to see a deer. They say that deer sometimes appear in the forest near Muravlenko.
- As for me, I'd like to take pictures of birds and animals.
- I know, photography is your hobby. You can try. But we must move very slowly and carefully not to frighten birds and animals.
- You are right. So, see you on Sunday.
b) - I wonder, are there any birds in the woods near Muravlenko? I have never seen any birds here.
- Of course, there are. Once I saw a woodpecker.
- Did you? I'd like to have a look at it, too. I have never seen woodpeckers.
-You see, a woodpecker is a big bird, it has a beautiful coat, black, white and red. It has a very sharp beak.
- I've heard that a woodpecker is a tree doctor, isn't it?
- That's right. The woodpecker tries to get at insects that live in trees with its sharp beak.
- Does the woodpecker have a nest?
- As far as I know, the woodpecker doesn't make a nest. It makes a hole in a tree and that is a nest for the bird.
- Oh, it's very interesting. You know a lot of interesting things about birds.
- Well, I have a lot of books at home about animals. I am fond of reading them. It's my hobby.
VIII. Беседа с учащимися о правилах поведения на природе.
Now let's speak about the rules you should keep when you go for a walk in the forest. Who remembers the poem "Wild Kingdom"? Recite it, please.
All woods are home to animals
So we behaved like guests
We only looked and never touched
The birds and rabbits nests.
What rules must you keep in the forest?
- We mustn't make a fire in the forest.
- We mustn't damage trees. They clean the air. They give us paper. They are a home for birds and animals.
- Wе mustn't kill birds. They kill pests.
- We mustn't leave litter in the forest. We must take it home.
IX. Работа по картинкам.
a) Look at this picture, please.
Is this a beautiful place?
Do you think that the children are enjoying nature?
Describe the picture, please.
- It is summer. The weather is hot. We can see a beautiful place in this picture. Children are enjoying nature. Some of them are swimming in the river, others are playing ball, those men are fishing. The children are having a lot of fun.
b) Now look at this picture. We see what happens when children break rules. Litter is left. Flowers are pulled out. Trees are damaged. Fires are started. Birds are frightened. The countryside is spoiled. So, what did the children not do right?
- I think they mustn't leave litter after resting. They must take litter home.
- They pulled out flowers. It's wrong. Wе must protect plants” Wе must leave wild flowers for others to enjoy.
- Some children have damaged trees. Wе mustn't damage them. Wе must protect our nature. Trees are home for birds and animals.
- Children have thrown rubbish into the river. In such a way they pollute water, fish begin to die. We mustn't throw rubbish into the river.
X. Беседа о проблеме переработки некоторых видов отходов.
You see the rubbish problem is very important now. Look at this poster "Litter lasts...”.
You can see that a traffic ticket lasts 1 month.
A banana peel lasts up tо 3 months.
A wool sock - 1 уеаr.
Wooden stakes - 4 years.
A wax paper cup - 5 years.
Tin cans - 100 years.
Aluminum cans- up to 500 years.
Glass containers - they never decay.
Painted wooden stakes - 13 years.
In 2003 each person in Muravlenko threw away about 1 kilogram of trash every day. Put it all together and it will be about 30-36 thousand kilogram’s of trash daily.
Ecology is one of the global problems nowadays. What should we do? Wе should protect our planet, our nature. Everyone should look at what they throw away. Many things can be reused and recycled. Look at this poster and say:
What can be recycled? What can be made of old metal?
… of cloth?
... of newspapers?
... of plastics?
... of rubber?
... of aluminum?
XI. Беседа об организациях, занимающихся охраной окружающей среды.
People understand that our nature is in danger. Some organizations are founded in different countries to solve ecological problems. Do you know anything about it? What famous international organization do you know?
Certainly, it's GREEN PEACE. It’s a world-known organization which does a lot to protect our nature.
There is a text about another international organization. What organization is this text about?
Read rhe text, please.
“Every ten minutes, one kind of animal, plant or insect disappears. If nothing is done about it, over one million species will disappear in twenty years from now.
The seas are in danger. They are filled with poison: industrial and nuclear waste. The Mediterranean is already nearly dead, the North Sea is following. If nothing is done about it, one day nothing will be able to live in the seas.
The tropical rainforests, which are the home of half the Earth’s living things, are being destroyed. If nothing is done about it, they will disappear in twenty years.
Fortunately, there are people who are trying to do something about it. In 1961, the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) was founded – a small group of people who wanted to raise money to save animals and plants. Today, the World Wildlife Fund is a large international organization. It has raised over 35 million pounds for conservation projects, and has created or given support to National Parks in five continents. It has helped 30 mammals and birds to survive. Perhaps this is not much, but it is a start. If more people give money – and if more governments think of what is happening – perhaps the world Wildlife Fund will be able to help us to protect the natural world and all of us with it.”
Answer the questions, please:
1. What organization is this text about?
2.What is the aim of this organization?
3. Where does the organization get its money from?
XII. Беседа об экологической обстановке в родном городе.
One of the most serious problems is air pollution. More and more factories cars and lorries add their bad breath to the air. What can you say about this problem in Muravlenko?
- Cars are the world's biggest air polluters. There are a great number of cars in Muravlenko. In cold winter days their engines work day and night. They add their bad breath to the air. The authorities of Muravlenko make laws against air pollution, but the problem of pollution is growing.
Another serious problem is water pollution. Do we have such a problem in Muravlenko?
- There are a lot of lakes and rivers around Muravlenko. People like to swim in hot summer days there. Some people are fond of fishing. Siberian fish is very tasty.
But many rivers are dirty now. On the banks of the lakes and rivers there is a lot of litter. People leave bottles, paper, food after their resting. Sometimes they throw them into the water and it's dangerous to swim there, because you may hurt your feet. That's why it's necessary to clean our lakes and our park and keep them clean.
One of the most serious problems is our countryside. There are great forests around our town. Twenty years ago they were rich in wild animals, mushrooms and berries. Has the countryside changed with the developing of oil-drilling industry?
- Muravlenko is an industrial town. Oil-drilling industry is developed here. Of course, the countryside has changed greatly. Look at these pictures. The countryside is spoiled. Wild animals have disappeared in these places. We can not eat the fish from our rivers because it is not very good for our health. In the result of man's activities a lot of species have disappeared. You can see them only in the Red Book.
Are there any environmental organizations in Muravlenko?
- As far as I know there is such an organization in our town.
What problems does it solve?
- It tries to protect nature and people who live here. It takes care of lakes, rivers, forests and animals of Siberia.
How can you help to protect the environment?
- We must keep the country tidy.
- We must grow flowers and trees.
- We must protect animals and birds.
- Wе should not throw trash in the streets or parks. A lot of trash can be recycled.
So we all must work together to keep our world green. The world around us is wonderful. Let's preserve it.
XIII. Загадки о животных.
Guess the riddles, please.
l. A large brown animal that lives in the forest and likes honey.
2. This wild animal is like a dog.
3. This animal lives with us and likes to catch mice.
4. Wе like this bird and call it the bird of peace.
XIV. Подведение итогов урока.