Место проведения урока: школьная библиотека.
- Обучающая: развитие речевых умений на основе использования ранее усвоенного материала.
- Развивающие: развитие монологической и диалогической речи, совершенствование.
- Воспитательная: расширение кругозора учащихся, приобщение их к чтению, посещению библиотеки.
Образовательные технологии и методики: здоровьесберегающие, ИКТ, групповые, педагогика сотрудничества, коммуникативное обучение иноязычной культуре.
Оборудование: компьютер, аудиоприложение из УМК.
T.: Good afternoon, dear girls and boys! Good afternoon dear guests! I am glad to see you.
Today we are going to speak about our school library and about books which play a great role in our life.
2. Warming up.
T.: Do you like to read books?
Are you a subscriber to our school library?
What can you tell us about our school library?
P1: At our school there is a library with a large number of books by many different authors. There are bookshelves from the floor to the ceiling full of books. The school library is a busy place. Boys and girls often drop in there to borrow books. The librarian helps the children to choose books for reading and for study. Every week or every ten days the pupils go to the library to change their books.
T.: Can you add anything else?
P2: Pupils borrow different kinds of books. Some children like fairy – tales. Some children like adventure stories. Some like historical novels. Every book is a silent friend to the schoolchildren.
T.: Thank you. And now Mariya Aleksandrovna, our librarian, will tell you about our school library. Listen to her very attentively, please. I think you' ll learn some new information about our library.
3. Выступление библиотекаря.
4.T.: I'm sure you liked our librarian's information. You' ve learned something new for yourselves, haven't you?
P.: Yes, we have.
Р.: (ответ одного из учеников по поводу услышанной информации) There is a reading-room in our library. Copies of fresh newspapers and magazines lie in piles on the tables. The reading-room contains a large number of reference books, such as encyclop(a)edias, dictionaries, atlases and some other reference books on every possible subject. Reference books are not for continuous reading. We only consult them, we do not read them from cover to cover.
5. T.: Let's do the following task. Make up the Library rules, please.
P1: All library equipment and books are used carefully.
P.2: Conversations are kept to a minimum and as quiet as possible.
P3: Personal stereos are not used in the library.
P4: Mobile phones are turned off before readers enter the library.
P5: No food or drink is consumed.
P6: All borrowed books are brought back by the due date.
P7: Everybody is treated with politeness.
T.: Well done. Thank you.
6. T.: I offer you to read and remember the following Proverbs and Golden Rules.
1) Books are our best friends.
2) Choose an author as you choose a friend.
3) Treat books with care as good friends.
4) Do your best not to tear, spot, mark up or damage a book in any way.
5) Do not turn down a page to mark the chapter where you left off reading. Use a book-mark.
T.: Please, remember these Golden Rules and always follow them.
7. Situations for Dialogues.
1) You have come to the library. Ask the librarian to subscribe you to it.
2) Ask a librarian to recommend you something interesting because you rely on her choice.
3) You meet your classmate at the library. A book you have already read is in your hand. Your classmate is interested in it. Describe it.
4) You have finished reading a very exciting book. Share your impressions with your friend.
(Учащиеся делятся на группы. Каждая группа получает карточку с предложенной ситуацией. Учащиеся готовят и инсценируют диалоги согласно ситуациям)
T.: There are a lot of kinds of books. How do you choose a book?
What kinds of books do you like?
Are books worth reading or are they a waste of time? Why? Use the words and expressions below.
1). It takes a lot of time to read a book.
2). Books contain new ideas.
3). Books can wake people up.
4). Books are the memory of the nation.
5). Books are borring.
6). You can learn a lot from books.
7). Books give a lot of information.
8). Books are written in different languages.
9). Computers are faster and contain more information.
10). Books that were written a long time ago are not interesting anymore.
9. T.: I'd like to finish our lesson with the words of the English writer of the 19th century, Charles Kingsley "Except for a living man there is nothing more wonderful than a book! They teach us and open their hearts to us as brothers." Books are certainly one of the greatest inventions of man. They teach us to live. We learn many things by reading books. I recommend you to borrow books from the library, to buy them in the bookshops and read them.
T.: Your hometask is following - please, write it down: Be ready to speak about one of the topics
1) Our school library.
2) Kinds of books.
3) The book I find fascinating.
I thank you for your excellent work and give you only good marks. The lesson is over. I wish you good luck! Good bye!
1. Утевская Н.Л. Книги - наши друзья. Иностранные языки в школе №6, 1991 г.
2. Биболетова М. З. и др. Английский с удовольствием. Учебник английского языка. 8 класс. Обнинск: Титул, 2014 г.