"Facts and myths about health". 8-й класс
- Социокультурный аспект: знакомство с мифами и фактами, связанными со здоровьем и здоровым образом жизни, существующими в Великобритании.
- Развивающий аспект: развитие способности к предположению, соотнесению; развитие внимания, способности к формулированию выводов из прочитанного и прослушанного, развитие способности к обобщению.
- Воспитательный аспект: формирование осознания своей культуры через культуру Великобритании, воспитание потребности в здоровом образе жизни, формирование потребности в поиске истины, воспитание способности к сотрудничеству и взаимопомощи при работе в группах и парах.
- Учебный аспект: совершенствование лексических навыков говорения по теме «Здоровый образ жизни»; совершенствование навыков чтения с пониманием структурных связей между отдельными фрагментами предложения с учетом грамматических и лексических норм сочетаемости на материале текстов о фактах и мифах о здоровом образе жизни, совершенствование владения различными способами словообразования.
Сопутствующая задача: развитие умения аудировать с полным пониманием текста и с извлечением конкретной информации.
Оснащенность урока: компьютер с проектором, интерактивная доска, тексты для чтения, стакан с водой.
1. Организационный момент. Приветствие.
Good morning, my dear friends! Glad to see you! Today we are going to discuss our lifestyle. According to statistics the lifestyle 30—40 years ago and these days are different. Our eating habits are changing. But in spite of that we want to be healthy.
2. Фонетическая зарядка>.
The words and words combinations on the board are often used to talk about healthy or unhealthy lifestyle. Listen to me and repeat these words, please. (Приложение 1)
Teacher - Ps
- fast food
- lose weight
- variety of
Now listen to the description of these words and words combinations and guess the meaning of them.
- Become slimmer (lose weight)
- A clear sign that you need to lose weight (obesity)
- A lot of things of the same kind but different in some way (a variety of)
- Both hamburgers and chips (fast food)
- Happening again and again (regular)
- Help in the development (promote)
- The kind of food that a person eats each day (diet)
- Made at home (homemade)
- Overweight (obese)
- The state of neither doing anything nor working (inactivity)
3. Речевая зарядка.
Teacher: Look at the board. Bob and John have different lifestyles. Which of them do you think has an advantage and why? Who is healthier? (Приложение)
Teacher: What does “being healthy” mean for you?
P1: Being healthy for me is being sporty and physical active. I think people should take regular exercise and eat a variety of food.
P2: As for me, I have a healthy diet and get up early to keep fit. I think regularity of life promotes my health.
4. Совершенствование навыков аудирования.
Teacher: I think people should care about their health. Some people live a healthy lifestyle, others have bad health habits. Here is some statistics from your questionnaire “How healthy you are”. (ФИО ученика) will introduce you the results of your survey.
Teacher: Are 8th formers healthy in our school? What do you think about these facts? (Приложение 1) (Презентация “Our health habits”)
P1: It’s surprising to learn that only 48% of us go in for sport.
P2: Most of us snack a lot because some of my friends skip lunch at school.
5. Постановка цели и задач урока. Мотивация учебной деятельности учащихся.
Teacher: Books, newspapers, radio and television give all kinds of information about food and health. Not all of it, however, is accurate information. What can you see on my desk?
Ps: A glass of water.
Teacher: How much water should you drink every day?
Ps: Дают различные варианты ответов.
Teacher: No need to count cups. Research shows people who want to drink a glass of water when they’re thirsty get enough to stay healthy. Water-rich foods like soup, fruit, and vegetables and drinks like juice, tea, and coffee all help you get your fill. You might need to drink more water if you're very active, or you live in a hot climate. So it’s a myth that you should count cups. What are facts and myths about your health? Do you want to learn?
6. Совершенствование навыков говорения и аудирования.
Teacher: Look at the pieces of information. What products do you think each pieces of information is about? Выполняют упражнение в учебнике (упр. 1, стр. 136). Строят предположения (работа в парах).
1. Garlic helps to make your heart strong. F
2. ______protects your teeth._____
3. ______is good for your nerves______
4. _______makes your bones strong.______
5. _______is good for your muscles.______
6. _______is good for your eyes_______
7. Eating only one type of food, such as ______, helps to lose weight.______
8. Some _____ can help to lose weight without diet or exercise._______
Words to choose: garlic, grapefruit, green tea, chocolate, milk, herbs, onion, carrot, banana.
Ps: Garlic is said to help …
…is considered to
… is known to …
I think this is a myth ( a fact) because when you … you don’t (can) …
Teacher: Listen and check your suppositions. (listening for specific information). Which information is a myth (put the letter M) and which is a scientific fact (put the letter P).
Key: Garlic helps to make your heart strong. F
Green tea protects your teeth. F___
Onion_is good for your nerves._F___
Milk_makes your bones strong. _F____
Banana is good for your muscles. _F_____
Carrot is good for your eyes. __F____
Eating only one type of food, such as grapefruit helps to lose weight.__M____
Some herbs can help to lose weight without diet or exercise.___F____
7. Relaxation (включается музыка).
Teacher: It is a fact that fire and water calm the man down. Let’s imagine yourself near the sea. There will be holidays soon. My dear girls and boys! Close your eyes, breathe quietly. You are standing on the beach. You are calm and relaxed. You hear the screaming seagulls and the sound of the sea. You have a good figure. Boys, you have a trained body and good biceps. You are healthy and wealthy. Your eyes are shining. Open your eyes! How are you? What else can I say about yourself?
8. Чтение. Совершенствование навыков чтения на материале текстов “Healthy way of life ”.
Teacher: It is a fact that in order to keep your body healthy you need regular exercise. Why is exercising wise? (работа в группах)
Прочитайте текст и заполните пропуски A-E частями предложений, обозначенных цифрами 1-5. Занесите цифру, обозначающую частьпредложения, в таблицу.
You’ve probably heard many times how exercise is “good for you”. People who exercise spend calories and look better than those who don’t. In fact, exercise is one of the most important parts of A_________.
But do you know that exercising can actually help you to feel fine, too? If you feel strong, it can help you to see yourself in a better light.
There are three components to a well-balanced exercise routine: aerobic exercise, strength training, and flexibility training.
Try to get 30 to 60 minutes of activity every day (like walking to school). Besides teens should get more energetic activity (like playing football or skating) for three times a week. Some team sports B ________ are swimming, basketball, football, and hockey. But if you don’t play team sports, don’t worry; there are a lot of ways to get aerobic exercise on your own or with friends, for example, biking, running, swimming, dancing.
Strong muscles are also a plus because they actually help C_________. Different types of exercise are good for different muscle groups, for example:
For strong arms, try skiing.
For strong legs, try running, biking, or skating.
To stay flexible, to make your muscles stretch easily you need special exercises. Sports and activities for flexibility are easy to find. Many schools have gymnastics programmes. Karate, ballet, and yoga are good choices.
But some teens find exercising boring. The good news is that there are a lot of different sports and activities that you can try out to see D _________.
Like all good things, it’s possible to overdose on exercise. E _________ to get a healthy weight, but exercising too much to lose weight isn’t healthy.
1. that give you aerobic exercise
2. which one is better for you
3. keeping your body at a healthy weight
4. exercising is a great way
5. to protect you when you exercise
(Ответы на интерактивной доске: 3, 1, 5, 2, 4)
Teacher: Why is exercising wise? (находят ответы в тексте)
Teacher: Word building (работа в группах). It is a fact that healthy food and exercising promote good learning. Do American children eat healthily to be successful in school? Use the words given in capitals to form new words that fit in the same numbered space in the text.
Healthy food and exercise can stimulate better learning. (1)________ , many of our children are eating poorly. That does not mean that they have nothing to eat but the food is low quality. What’s more, almost all of them are leading (2) _________ lifestyles. As a result, serious and costly health problems, such as (3) __________ and type 2 diabetes in kids, are increasing. It is reported that one in six American children is (4) __________.
Among the many (5) _________ of schools is teaching children how to lead a healthy lifestyle. Healthy eating does not mean staying (6) __________ thin or refusing from the foods you love. Rather, it’s about feeling great, being more energetic, and keeping yourself as healthy as possible.
(Ответы на интерактивной доске: UNFORTUNATELY, INACTIVE, OBESITY, OVERWEIGHT, RESPONSIBILITIES, UNREALISTICALLY)
Teacher: Do American children eat healthily to be successful in school? (находят ответы в тексте)
Teacher: What facts about health were surprising for you?
Ps: высказывания учащихся.
Учащиеся заполняют таблицу достижений.
|Descriptions of achievements
1) listeningsome statistics about health habits of 8th formers
2) listening facts and myths about health
3) reading the text about regular exercise
4) Word building. Forming new words
Teacher: One of the English proverbs says The greatest wealth is health”. I want you to be healthy and wealthy. Thank you for the lesson. Good bye.