Цели и задачи:
- Развитие интереса к изучению английского языка.
- Развитие логического мышления, лингвистической догадки, навыка аудирования обучающихся.
- Обобщение и закрепление лингвострановедческого материала по теме «Countries and Nationalities”, грамматического материала по теме “Времена английского глагола”.
- Развитие умения работать в группе.
Teacher: Good morning dear boys and girls! We are happy to see you at
our competition. It is devoted to the English-speaking countries. I am sure you know much
about them. The competition will show your achievements and knowledge. I wish you success
and good luck! Be active, honest, industrious and helpful and you will win.
Let me introduce our jury…
Now it is time for the teams to introduce themselves (name the team, give it the motto, the emblem).
The 1st game: Name English-speaking countries in turn. (1 member of the team has only 1 minute. Every country you name earns 1 point).
The 2 nd game is called “Flags and capitals”. On the desks each team has flags of different countries (the same flags for both teams) and the cards with the names of countries and capitals. You have 3 minutes to combine the flag, the name of the country and its capital and arrange them on the blackboard. The winner will be the team that finishes the work quickly and correctly. (Приложение 1)
The 3 rd game “The ABC game”
Now each team gets 7 letters from the English alphabet. You are to put letters in the right order to get the name of the country. The winner is the team that finishes this kind of work quickly and correctly.
( I R E L A N D)
The 4th game “Guess the country”
Listen to the teacher and guess the names of the countries. The winner will be the team that gives the right answer and does it quicker than the other team.
1) This is one of the largest countries in the world. It is washed by the Atlantic
ocean in the East and by the Pacific ocean in the west. What is it? (The USA)
2) This country has a very high living standard. There are 2 official languages in the country-English and French. The main symbol n the flag is a maple leaf. What is it? (Canada)
3) It is a country that looks like an island. It consists of four countries. It is the country of fog and rain. There are a lot of places of interest there. (The UK)
4) This country is a continent, an island and a country. It has unique animals and plants. It is very far from our country. (Australia)
The 5th game “Countries and nationalities”. Dear friends let us see whose captain is better. Captains come to me take the card and name the country if you have the nationality or the nationality if you have the name of the country. (Приложение 2)
Cards with the names of the countries and nationalities
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
a New Zealander
The 6th game “The knowledge of the English tenses”.
Each team has got 6 cards with the formulas of the English tenses. Listen to the teacher and show the cards with the formula of the sentence you will hear: (Приложение 3)
- have\has +V3
- will be +Ving
- was\were +Ving
- V2, Ved
- will have+V3
- Я прочитал книгу вчера до того, как брат пришел домой. (4)
- Я буду играть в теннис завтра в 2 часа дня. (2)
- Я прочту книги из школьной программы к сентябрю.(6)
- Я играл в футбол вчера. ( 5)
- Я только что прочитал книгу. Можно сдать её в библиотеку. (1)
The 7th game « Do you know the English proverbs»
Each team has got the cards with the English proverbs. You are to give a literary translation to each proverb. You have 5 minutes. The winner is the team that finishes this kind of work quickly and correctly. (Приложение 4)
- He who laughs last laughs best.
- You can‘t kill two birds with one stone.
- All is well that ends well.
- Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
- A friend in need is a friend indeed.
The 8th game « A word-building game»
Every team has got a card with a long word. You have to make new words from the letters it contains. The letters can be used in any order. You will have 5 minutes to think. The winner is the team that finds the largest number of the words.
(S P O R T S M A N)
Dear friends! It's a pity but our competition has just finished. Thank you for coming and taking part in the games. You are really bright and industrious. And I am sure your good knowledge of English will help you in your future life.
Now, our dear, jury! What is the score? Let us see who the winner in our competition is … (results of the game)