Урок ориентирован на учащихся 6-х классов средней общеобразовательной школы, занимающихся по УМК Биболетовой М.З. “Enjoy English” (4-й год обучения).
Цель урока: обобщение страноведческого материала по теме «Лица Лондона»
- систематизирование изученного страноведческого материала;
- воспитание интереса и уважения к культуре и традициям страны изучаемого языка;
- развитие внутренней мотивации к изучению языка и культуры; развитие памяти и быстрой реакции; развитие умения работать в группе.
Оснащение урока: компьютер, проектор, экран, картинки по теме «Лондон»
1. Оргмомент, приветствие.
- Good morning, dear boys and girls! I’m very glad to see you! Sit down, please!
- How are you? (I’m fine, thanks. And you?) Fine, thanks.
2. Сообщение цели урока
На доске тематические картинки с видами Лондона
- I know you like to play and today our game is called «Своя игра». Look at the blackboard, please. What do you think the topic of our game is? Yes, you are right. It’s London.
- Let’s start our lesson with warming-up.
Look at the pictures and name the places.
(Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The Tower of London, The Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, etc.)
- Well done! I see you are ready to start our game!
-Let’s divide our group into two teams and think of the names for them. You also have to choose the captains.
Учащиеся делятся на команды, придумывают названия для них и выбирают своих капитанов. Капитаны представляют свои команды.
5. Проведение игры
Учитель объясняет учащимся правила игры, и сообщает, что за каждый правильный ответ команды будут получать определенное количество баллов.
- There are three rounds in our game and the final question.
- Every round has three groups of questions. There are five questions of different values in every group. Your task is to choose one of them and answer it. You have a minute to discuss and be ready to answer. Sometimes there will be different questions such as ''Аукцион'' or ''Кот в мешке''. In case it is ''Аукцион'' you have to buy the question. At the end of our game we will count your points and name the winner.
- I wish you good luck! Now it's time to start!
What are the largest islands of the British Isles? (Great Britain and Ireland) (50)
What is the highest mountain peak of Wales? (Ben Nevis) (40)
What is the official name of Great Britain? (The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) (30)
What is the capital of Scotland? (Edinburgh) (20)
What parts does GB consist of? (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) (10)
Places of Interest
What birds live in the Tower of London? (Ravens) (50)
It's one of the famous bridges across the Thames. (Tower Bridge) (40)
What is Big Ben? (the bell of the clock on the Houses of Parliament) (30)
What park is London Zoo in? (Regent's Park) (20)
What is the town of Oxford famous for? (for its universities) (10)
Who was the Prime Minister of GB during World War II and in 1951-1953? (Sir Winston Churchil) (50)
What was Joseph Turner famous for? (for his colours) (40)
Where are famous people of GB buried? (in Westminster Abbey) (30)
What is there in the centre of Trafalgar Square? (Nelson's Column) (20)
His theory of evolution opened a new period in the development of the science of biology. (Charles Darwin) (10)
The Second Red Round
Do you know?
What were the first exotic animals in London Zoo? (leopards and elephants) (50)
What channel is between Britain and the continent of Europe? (The English Channel) (40)
What is the national costume of Scotland? (the kilt) (30)
When do British people celebrate Christmas? (on the 25th of December) (20)
How do the British call their flag? (the Union Jack) (10)
What is the central square in London? (Trafalgar Square) (50)
What river is the capital of GB situated on? (The Thames) (40)
A lot of tourists go to Buckingham Palace to see this ceremony. (The Changing of the Guard) (30)
It was built under the English Channel. (The Channel Tunnel) (20)
Where can you see the statue of Peter Pen? (in Kensington Gardens) (10)
What is MOMI? (the Museum of the Moving Image) (50)
What was the Tower of London in the past? ( It was a fortress, a palace, a zoo and a prison) (40)
What is Madam Tussaud's Museum famous for? (for its wax figures of famous people) (30)
What is Hyde Park famous for? (for its Speaker's Corner) (20)
What is the Tower of London now? (it's a museum) (10)
The Third Yellow Round
Who wrote ''Alice's Adventures in Wonderland''? (Lewis Carrol) (50)
Who wrote ''Robinson Crusoe''? (Daniel Defoe) (40)
Who is the creator of the characters of Dr Watson and Sherlock Holmes? (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) (30)
He is famous for his ''Romeo and Juliet'', ''Hamlet'' and the Sonnetes. (William Shakespeare) (20)
Which famous English writer's name is Charles? (Dickens) (10)
The Royal Family
What parks belong to the Royal Family? (Hyde Park, Green Park, St James's Park, Regent's Park) (50)
What is the London home of the Queen? (Buckingham Palace) (40)
Where did most of English Kings and Queens have their coronation ceremony? (in Westminster Abbey) (30)
What is the symbol of England? (the Red Rose) (20)
What is the Queen's name? (Queen Elizabeth II) (10)
What is the official name of the Parliament? (Westminster Palace) (50)
She was the first woman Prime Minister of Britain. (Margaret Thatcher) (40)
It is the official house of the British Prime Minister. (Downing Street, 10) (30)
It is the political centre of London. (Westminster) (20)
Who is the head of the state of Great Britain? (The Queen) (10)
Своя Игра (95 слайд)
She helps children cross the streets. (''Lollipop Lady'')
6. Подведение итогов
- Dear boys and girls our game is over. I must say that you have shown good knowledge.Thanks for active work! I hope you have enjoyed today's lesson!
Let us count your points.Now it's time to name the winner team. It is … .
So, the lesson is over. Good bye!
- УМК Биболетовой М.З. ''Enjoy English'' для 5-6 классов
- Организация классных часов на английском языке, Конышева А.В., КАРО, Санкт-Петербург, «Четыре четверти», Минск, 2004