Цель: познакомить учащихся с интересными фактами об английском парламенте и роли королевы в жизни и управлении страны.
- повторить и закрепить изученный лексический и грамматический материал по теме Великобритания;
- познакомить учащихся с английским парламентом и королевой Англии;
- формировать умения и навыки монологического характера;
- совершенствовать коммуникативные навыки школьников;
- формировать навык диалогической речи.
- расширять кругозор учеников;
- обучение культуре общения.
- развивать монологическую речь учащихся;
- развивать творчество, внимание, наблюдательность, мышление;
- развивать интеллектуальную и эмоциональную сферу личности учащихся.
- мультимедийная установка,
- наглядный материал,
- плакаты по достопримечательностям Лондона, рисунки с изображением королевы и палат парламента.
- коммуникативно-ориентированное обучение;
- развитие познавательных интересов;
- личностно-ориентированное обучение;
- игровые технологии.
- информационные технологии (интернет, интерактивные технологии).
I. Организационный момент.
Hello boys and girls. I am very glad to see you! Sit down, please. Let’s begin our lesson. So, what is the date today? What day of the week is it today?. Open your copybooks and write down the date in it. At our last lessons we read the text about the land and the people of Great Britain. Today we continue to talk about the United Kingdom and discuss the text about the Queen and the British Parliament. The theme of our lesson is The Queen and Parliament.
Write down our theme in your copybooks.
II. Фонетическая зарядка.
Look at the screen. You can see a tongue twister. Listen to me and repeat after me all together. Who wants to read? Who can read faster? На доске дана скороговорка:
Your daughter is fond of walking on warm autumn mornings.
(Отработка навыков произношения)
Very good! Excellent!
III. Актуализация прежних знаний.
We have spoken a lot about Great Britain and its people. By the way, can you answer my questions?
What is the official name of the country? (The official name of the country is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.)
What countries does it consist of? (They are Scotland, Wales, England, Northern Ireland)
What is the capital of Great Britain? (The capital of Great Britain is London).
Good for you! Well done!
Look at the blackboard. You can see a lot of pictures. You can see the capital of Great Britain. It is London. And another symbol of Great Britain is the Queen. What can you say about the Queen?
Let’s listen to your classmate who prepared for us the report about the Queen of Great Britain. Listen to very attentively and you will answer my questions.
Answer my questions.
When was she born? (She was born on 21 April, 1926)
Has she got little direct power? (Yes, she has little direct power)
And now we are going to learn more information about the Queen and the Parliament. Let's learn the new words from the text. Look at the blackboard! Listen to me and repeat after me all together these words. Pay your attention on the pronunciation.
IV. Работа над текстом "The Queen and Parliament".
Let’s check up your homework. Open your books at page 175 and find ex.21. We have read the text. And now try to find in the text and read out the sentences to describe the pictures. Look at the first picture. Can you read out sentences to describe the second picture?
Open your books and find ex.22 at p.177. Let’s read the answers to the following questions from the text. You will work in pairs. One pupil will read the question and the other pupil will answer. Who will be the first?
So, children, who rules the country in Britain? (The real power in the country belongs to the British Parliament).
And now check up yourselves and agree or disagree with these sentences. You have only 3 minutes. Put the numbers from 1 to 8 and write «agree» or «disagree».
Your time is up. If you agree, you will repeat the sentence. If the statement is wrong you will have to correct it.
- The Queen is the symbol of the country. T
- The Queen has a lot of power in Britain. F
- In 1948 Britain and the former colonies founded the Commonwealth. F
- The British Parliament has two Houses: the House of Commons and the House of Lords. T
- The members of the House of Lords are selected. T
- The members of the House of Commons are not elected. F
Finish, please. Let’s work in the groups. Change over copybooks and correct incorrect sentences. Look at the screen, please.
I think you are tired, let's do some exercises. (по команде учителя дети, делают зарядку).
Up and down, up and down.
Which is the way to London town?
Up in the air?
Close your eyes -
And you are there!
VI. Выполнение письменной работы.
The next task you will do in written form. Open your copybooks. Fill in the gaps using the new information from the text. You must write down only one word. You have 5 minutes.
- In Britain… is the Head of State.
- The Queen has no…
- At the beginning of the 20th century many countries all over the world were ruled by…
- In 1949 Britain and the former colonies founded…
- The real power in the country belongs to….
- The British Parliament has two houses….
Your time is over. Let’s check up this exercise. Read, translate and fill in the gaps. Look at the screen!
VII. Подготовка к пересказу текста.
So, you see the Queen is the Head of State, the symbol of Great Britain. But she has no power.
The real power in the country belongs to the British Parliament and to the British Government.
So, let’s prepare our plan for the retelling. Divide the text into three logical parts and name them.
Look at the first part and try to name it. What key sentences can you suggest?
That’s right! Very good!
- The Queen is the symbol of the country.
- The Commonwealth
- The British Parliament
VIII. Разгадывание кроссворда.
That is right. And now you have a plan for the retelling. At the end of our lesson we are going to play. Let’s solve the puzzle. You will work in the groups. And you have only 3 minutes to do this task. You must guess the words in our crossword.
Your time is over. Let’s check up!
IX. Подведение итогов урока.
We must finish. And now open your diaries and write down your homework. Your home task is exercise 29 at page 178.You will give the main ideas of the text writing it out in not more than 10 sentences. And you must prepare for the retelling of the text. You can use our plan. It is ex.21 p.175. Is your homework clear? You have worked very well today. You get the following marks (объявляются оценки). The lesson is over. Good bye.