- образовательная - формирование навыков использования изученной лексики и грамматики в речи на уровне представления информации об одежде и моде: тренировка произносительных и интонационных умений, тренировка грамматических навыков – пассивного залога, прошедшего времени; тренировка навыков монологической речи;
- развивающая: развитие познавательных интересов, мышления, внимания и воображения, развитие речевых способностей (умения восприятия речи на слух, способности к догадке), развитие мотивации - стимулирование интереса учащихся в изучении английского языка;
- воспитательная: урок способствует общекультурному развитию учащихся, пробуждает познавательный интерес, является средством эстетического воспитания.
Занятие для учащихся 8 классов рассчитано на 45 минут.
- актуализация изученного материала по теме “Fashion”;
- реализация умений использования информационно- коммуникационных технологий на уроке, формирование эстетического потенциала.
Оснащение кабинета: интерактивная доска, компьютер, конверты с заданиями, магнитофон, раздаточный материал.
Тип урока: обобщающий урок.
Данный урок предлагается для учащихся 8-х классов после изучения темы “Делаем покупки”.
- What is fashion? (Fashion is a general term for a popular style – especially in clothing, footwear, accessories, make up, body piercing or furniture).
- Fashion industry is a product of the modern age. Are there any associations in your mind when you hear this term? (Sewing machine, handmade things, tailors, dressmakers, street style, leather, fur, fabric clothes, department stores, production of fashion goods and rare materials, sales, advertising, promotion).
- What is street style? (Street Fashion is exactly what it means. It is fashion that has developed from the streets and not from runway shows or designers. It really has its grassroots in the youth culture of the recent decades. Street fashion, unlike other fashions, does not cover just one style of dressing, but it covers a whole range of styles).
- Who is a fashion victim? (Fashion victim is a term that is used to identify a person who is unable to identify commonly recognized boundaries of style).
- Explain what is to be fashionable? (Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. – ( Coco Chanel).
All these styles are unique and were created by the youth who favored this style of dressing.
T: Children, today we shall talk about fashion. To have fashion, you must first have clothing. When did fashion begin?
P1: Difficult to say… Since humans started covering up with leaves.
P2: A little from history. Nobody knows exactly who was the first to invent clothes. Many many years ago people took off the skin from the animals. At first they only ate their meat, but then they began to use their skin as clothes.
P3: You forget to say that a man began to cultivate this skin to make it softer.
P4: Who knows when the first needle was invented?
P5: They say that 15000 years ago our ancestors invented the needle and began to sew the skins together. This was the first image of our clothes. 
P6: Yes, I read that some 10000 years ago the people of Egypt made the first tissues. It was cotton, wool and flax. Later in China silk was invented.(Слайд №2) .
P8: The Chinese didn’t tell anybody about their secret of making silk. For 4500 years nobody knew how to make it. In the 5-th century from China to Byzantium two monks belonging to St. Basil’s order returned. They were not searched at the custom’s and in their crooks they brought the silk worms. So, due to them silk appeared in Europe.
P9: All this is very interesting. What other interesting facts from the history of fashion do you know? (Слайды №№3-4).
P10: In the 12-th century crusaders returned to Europe bringing with them unusual and luxury clothes from the East. They gave rise to the general use of the purse, which was suspended to the belt by a cord of silk or cotton, and sometimes by a metal chain.
P7: And in the 13-th century appeared dresses with tight sleeves. The tight fit was achieved with lacing or buttons.
P8: And by men linen shirts were worn next to the skin. Over the shirt was worn a doublet. From around the mid-15th century very tight-fitting doublets, belted or tailored to be tight at the waist, giving in effect a short skirt below, were fashionable. Pants were parti-coloured (different colours for each leg, or vertically divided).
P9: In this period of time the best and the most fashionable fabric was velvet.
P11: In the 17-th century solid-colour satins were in favour.
P3: What kinds of tissues were popular in the 20-th century and now?
P4: Nylon. My mother said when she was young nylon dresses and shirts for men also made of nylon were very popular.
P10: Leather. Now we wear leather trousers, leather jackets, leather shirts, etc.
P12: Jeans. It’s popular among young people.
P10: And Coco Chanel who introduced the skirt tweed suit, the little black dress, chain-handled handbags.
P11: Jersey. She created comfortable, modern fashion which is still popular. Women loved Chanel little black dress which has remained popular ever since.
T: And it’s nice that school uniform as well as business suit is usually created to be comfortable, modern, fashionable, practical and wearable giving us a classy look in office and at school.
P9: There are a lot of fashion houses, their creations are really wonderful!(Слайды №№5-8).
P1: Stay simple, stay positive. Don't copy too much of other people. “Fashion is what you buy. Style is what you do with it”. (Azgraybebly Josland).
T: Some people like discussing things they wear and problems connected with their outfit. How many words and expressions can you find to make pairs:
to fit, to wear, to suit, to match, to dress, to go with, to put on, to have clothes on, to be the right size
Key: to fit - to be the right size; to dress - to put on; to match - to go with; to wear - to have clothes on; to fit - to suit
Учащиеся записывают ответы в тетрадь.
Учитель раздает учащимся карточки с незаконченными предложениями.
T: Look at your cards. Choose the correct word from the previous exercise to fill in the blanks:
- Do you think this skirt is the right size? – Yes, it … perfectly.
- This is a new dress for you. Why don’t you try it on to see if it … you? – I think it’s … and very up-to-date.
- I think you’ll find the right dress to … me. I’m a standard size.- But the most difficult thing is to buy a necklace… with it.
- Why don’t you wear that hat? – Do you think that this colour … me? – Yes, it looks really very good on you.
- Would you put on something else? It doesn’t … you at all. It’s too tight. – I think you are right. I’d better change this suit for another one.
- Why is he wearing this red scarf? It doesn’t ... him at all. – Yes. Nobody wears things like this.
- I can’t wear my green shoes with the black skirt, they don’t … - you are right. You have good taste.
Key: (fits);(fits, the right size);(fit, to go with);(matches);(fit);(suit);(match).(Слайд №9).
T: On different occasions people are to be dressed in a particular style. What will you put on if you want to be a part of a group you are going with (to go in for sports or on holidays, to go to a party or to school, etc)? Look at the cards on your desks and make up your sentences according to the model.
Model: If the girls wear extravagant dresses I will put on my best holiday dress too.
|The friends||are fond of||dress(ing) up||special||pin|
|The boys||love (to)||putt(ing) on||perfect||dress|
|Тhe girls||are||dress(ing) in||fashionable||outfit|
|have on||dress(ed) up||usual||bracelet|
|are crazy about||dress(ed) in||extravagant||jeans|
T: Say what your classmates wear in different situations. Use the sentences:
- Usually… wear….
- b)On special occasions … put on ….
- c)When at home…are dressed in ….
- d)If … want to play football…put on ….
- e)The girls… wearing ….
- f)The boys … prefer … for every day wear.
T: Look at the cards on your desks. Complete the information about the world famous jeans using the right forms of the verbs given before the text (to be, to design, to make, to wear, to produce):
Levi jeans … by the people all over the world, they … fashionable and strong and you can … them for a long time. The first Levi jeans… in San Francisco in the 19-th century, they … for workmen who needed cheap and strong trousers. The jeans … of a special kind of strong cotton Levi jeans… usually blue. But the company also… them in black, white and several other colours, there … many different designs. Nowadays Levi … multinational company and their jeans… in factories all over the world.
Key: are worn; are; wear; were produced/made/designed; were made /produced/designed;
Are made; are designed; are; is; are produced/made.
Answer my questions:
Do you like to wear jeans? What is your favourite design? How long have you had them? Where were they made? (Слайды №№10-12).
T: And now another task. Can you guess the word by the description? The first 2 letters or a syllable is given.
Hair… The way you like to have your hair.
A bra… A piece of jewellery.
San... A thing for women’s everyday wear.
Make… What we decorate our face with.
A car… A short woolen jacket with buttons.
A su… The summer footwear.
Key: hairstyle; a bracelet; sandals; make-up; a cardigan; a suit (Слайд №13).
how long have you had it?
T: Now form compound nouns from the underlined words.
shoes for playing tennis;
- a suit for going in for track and field;
- a light jacket for summer;
- a suit for swimming;
- a coat for rain;
- a small bag in a woman’s hand.
Key: a handbag; a tracksuit; a summer jacket; a swimsuit; a raincoat; tennis shoes (Слайд №14).
T: And now some information from the history of fashion. We have talked with you about the history of jeans. And can you say what was fashionable in different periods of the XX-th century?(Слайд №15).
Примерные ответы учащихся:
P1: In the Roaring Twenties dresses and hair became shorter - people saw women's
knees for the first time. For men trousers with very wide legs became fashionable.
They were called Oxford bags.
P2: In late 1940-1960 in Russia appeared the youth subculture “styliagi” (E. “dandy, fop”) as imitation of the American way of life (bright colours in clothes, slang, interest to the music and dances from abroad).
P3: In the 1950s for men this was the age of the teddy boy (R. “пижон”) who wore long jackets in very bright colours - pink, orange or yellow - and very tight trousers. For women jumpers and blouses with wide skirts and short socks were fashionable. Both men and women wore shoes with long pointed toes. The women's shoes had high stiletto heels.
P4: The 1960s saw a revolution in clothes. Everything changed. This was the time of the mini-skirt and long boots. Men had long hair - the famous Beatles haircut.
P5: In the late 1960s and early 70s the "flower power" style was in. Women were loose maxi-skirts. Men wore jeans and brightly coloured shirts or T-shirts. Clothes were very bright. Very long hair was fashionable for men and women, and beards became more common.
P6: The 80s brought teenagers with punk hair styles in red, blue, purple and green and brightly coloured make-up.
T. Thank you for this useful information. And now listen about the history of Business Suit which is an official style in any Russian school. Look at our schoolchildren!
P7: In 1870th the clothes of men's fashion from Great Britain came to women's wardrobes. It was a suit, practical and firm (a jacket and trousers, a jacket and a skirt or a waist-coat and trousers or a skirt).
P8: These clothes are comfortable and it’s easy to move in them. They show discipline, strictness and freedom of their owners. The lines are calm, the colour and print are of great importance. Business clothes mustn't be boring. (Слайд № 16).
P9: Clean, light and practical.
T: What is fashionable in the 21-st century?
P2: First of all comfortable and practical clothes.
P1: And sportive! Sochi will host the XXII Olympic Winter Games and XI Paralympic Winter Games in 2014, as well as the Russian Formula 1 Grand Prix. It is also one of the host cities for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. (Слайд №17).
T: There are several statements written on these cards. Let’s discuss them. Agree or disagree with these statements. Give your reasons why.
Необходимо в качестве раздаточного материала подготовить карточки с высказываниями знаменитых людей о моде. Учащиеся читают предложенные высказывания и обмениваются мнениями.
Fashion passes, style remains. (Coco Chanel).
Don’t wear something just because it is in fashion. Wear it because it suits you. (Ritu Ghatourey).
The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you. (Coco Chanel).
Fashion is what you buy. Style is what you do with it.(Azgraybebly Josland).
Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury. (Coco Chanel).
Only great minds can afford a simple style. (Stendhal).
A fashion that does not reach the streets is not a fashion. (Coco Chanel).
Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions. (Coco Chanel).
Beauty is power, a smile is its sword.(Charles Reader) (Слайды №№18-20).
T: Very interesting expressions. I want you to remember them. What do you they teach you?
P1: Not to be the slaves of clothes, but to choose things which suit you perfectly.
T: I would like to finish our lesson with the following advice I’ve read in one of the fashion magazines:
- Have a good posture. This will help you look good, and you might feel more confident.
- Don't try to copy your friends, create your own style . Аdd a hat, scarf, coat, or an iconic accessory.
- Don't overdo your makeup, hair, clothes!
- Be stylish inside too. Be elegant, charming, charismatic, or mysterious.
- Try to mix and match your own cloths to be fashionable. You will save a lot of your money with this trick.
- Mix and match basic things , everything must fit your body, and be high quality.
- Be yourself.
- Wear reasonable clothes for occasions. Wear fancy dresses to an informal gathering will make you look overdressed and out of place, not fashionable.(Слайды №№21-24).
Выполнение тестового задания “ Are You a Fashion
Victim?”: choose answers to the following questions:
b) Less than fifteen minutes. c) About five minutes.
c) I can't say I like my clothes.
a) I wear it anyway — it's in fashion! b) I don't wear it. c) I don't care about what's in fashion.
Check Your Score:
a b c 3 2 1 3 2 1 1 3 2 2 3 1 1 2 3 3 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 1
Your score means:
8 — 15 points: You aren't fashion-conscious at all. You think that there
are more important things in life than fashion. But don't you think the world would be a
dull place if there were no fashion? It adds spice to life.
16 — 24 points: Clothes aren't the most important thing in your life. However, you know what suits you and you have a personal style. But you are a little bit conservative. Why not try a different style for a change?
25 — 32 points: You are a fashion victim! You go for the latest styles and spend a lot of money on clothes. But there are more important things in life than clothes — try speaking to people and you'll be surprised to find that they are nice, even if they are wearing old shoes.
Использованная литература и интернет-ресурсы.
1 Интернет-ресурсы Yandex и Google – картинки из серии одежда разных эпох, одежда и аксессуары модных домов, деловая одежда, школьная форма, уличная мода, высказывания о моде.
2. Интернет-ресурс Yandex-Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, статьи о моде.
3. When Did Fashion Begin-Life 123 life 123.com>fashion…when-did-fashion-begin.shtml
4. How and Why Silk Was Invented? wiki.answers.com>Q/How_and_why_was_silk_invented.
5. Are You a Fashion Victim? lib.podelise.ru>docs/143/index-4448.html
6. Business Clothing empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com.
7. How to Be Fashionable 9 steps wikihow.com>Be- Fashionable
8. How to Be Fashionable in 2011-Femita femita.com>style/be fashionable-2011/
9. What Did Coco Chanel Do for Women? entertainmentguide,local,com>did-coco-chanel
10. Chanel Fashion Trends/Suite 101 suite 101.com>a/chanel fashion-trends-a172766
11. Конышева А.В. “Организация классных часов на английском языке” Изд-во “Каро” Санкт-Петербург, “Четыре четверти” Минск 2008 г., стр.48-53.
12. Огаркова С.Ю. “Animals” - открытый урок. Конкурс “Презентация к уроку” (Фестиваль педагогических идей “Открытый урок” 2011/2012 учебный год).