1. Повторить изученный лексический материал по темам: “Weather; Environment; Mass Media”; грамматический материал по теме “Conditional Sentences (I, II, III)”.
2. Развивать навыки монологической и диалогической речи, память, внимание, мышление у учащихся.
3. Воспитывать интерес к изучению иностранного языка.
Оборудование: раздаточный материал (карточки с разными видами заданий, кроссворд).
Содержание викторины (раунды):
Game “Who wants to master english?”
1. Word Puzzle (collect six words using these letters):
- earthquake - drought
- disaster - damage
- research - emergency
- explore - shake
- achievement - exploration
- prohibit - recycle
2. Worldly Wisdom (here you can see 4 proverbs, find the Russian equivalents to them).
- To everything there is a season. (Всему своё время)
- After rain comes fine weather.(Будет и на нашей улице праздник)
- It is never too late to learn. (Учиться никогда не поздно)
- Knowledge is power. (Знание- это сила)
- Better late than never.(Лучше поздно, чем никогда)
- Health is above wealth. (Здоровье дороже золота)
- Don’t teach a fish to swim. (Не учите меня жить)
- Devil is not so black as he is painted. (У страха глаза велики)
3. Substitutions (the next task for you is to put the missing words into the following sentences).
- In Britain people often start__________ by talking about the weather.
- Sometimes it rains so heavily that the British say, “ It’s raining____________
- Now _______ are awarded to good hotels.
- The satellite was __________ into space three days ago.
- The Earth is a part of _____________
(stars, conversations, launched, the Universe, cats and dogs)
- The first story about a space ________ was written in the year 150.
- Fortunately tornadoes can be ____________
- _________ is very dangerous for people, wildlife and the environment.
- Keep yourself informed about environmental __________
- Don’t leave your __________ planning to late.
(predicted, problems, flight, pollution, career)
4. Linguistic and Cultural Questions (по 6 вопросов для каждой команды) <Приложение 1>
5. Our Dreams (I’ve got two cards for you: on the one card you’ll see the beginning of the sentences, on the other card there are their endings. One by one in each team, you’ll read the sentence, trying to find the end of it.)
|(1) If we cut down fewer forests||(a) we wouldn’t have so many environmental problems|
|(2) If we were clever and careful||(b) the air would be clean and fresh|
|(3) If we took care of our planet||(c) we wouldn’t leave among litter and waste|
|(4) If people hadn’t thrown away so much rubbish||(d) pollution wouldn’t have killed so many fishes and plants in the sea|
|(5) If people had been more careful||(e) the Earth would be safe now|
|(6) If we thought about our future||(f) we wouldn’t have cut down forests|
(1-b; 2-a; 3-e; 4-d; 5-f; 6-c)
6. Transformation (Each team will get four cards. On these cards you’ll see the verbs describing the actions. Your task is to show this action to another team without words. E.g. to run, to read… But the words will be more difficult. Captains come up to me and choose 4 cards for your team) One min to think it over.
- to pack
- to throw
- to collect
- to destroy
- to break
- to watch
- to relax
- to sleep
7. Poetry Contest
Now you will be the young poets. You will have to write a short poem on one of the following topics:
- the Universe
Choose one topic for your team and write a poem using this plan:
- give a noun
- three adjectives to describe the noun
- three verbs to this noun
- a phrase of four words
- give the synonym
Loving, caring, friendly
To help, to support, to adore
Make all things together!
8. Captain’s round
(Пока команда пишет стих, капитаны разгадывают кроссворд). <Приложение 2>