Урок английского языка "Роль иностранного языка в жизни людей". 7-й класс
- Олейник Лариса Михайловна, Учитель англ.яз.
Разделы: Иностранные языки
Teacher: Good morning! I am glad to see you. Today we are going to speak about the role of foreign language in the life of people.
- With what phrase begins the conversation between two people that speak different languages and want to find a common language?
Pupil: “Do you speak English? ”, - With this phrase begins the conversation between two people, that speak different languages and want to find a common language?
It’s very good when you hear: “Yes, I do”, and start talking.
Teacher: Is it very useful to learn foreign languages?
Pupil: People of different countries and nations have to get alone well with the progress in world trade and technology as well as with each other. So it is very useful to learn foreign languages.
Teacher: Is it necessary to know a foreign language?
Pupil: Yes it is. Nowadays it’s very necessary to know a foreign language. Knowledge of foreign language helps us to develop friendship and understanding among people.
Teacher: How many languages are there in the world?
Pupil: The total number of languages in the world is from 2500 to 5000. English is spoken all over the world and very popular. There is a proverb:” Knowledge is power”
T. Translate from Russian into English:
- знания иностранного языка (Knowledge of foreign languadge)
- широко распространённый язык (widely spoken language)
- родной язык (the mother tongue)
- общаться друг с другом (to communicate with each other)
- необходимsq для успеха в бизнесе (necessary for success in business)
- туристическое назначение(tourist destinations)
- главный иностранный язык (the main foreign language)
- туристические развлечения (tourist attractions)
- укоренять англ.яз., как мировой язык (to establish English as a global language)
- программное обеспечение (software)
- высоко ценить важность языка (to overestimate the importance of language)
- быть современным (to be up-to-date)
- быть лучше квалифицированным (to be better qualified)
T. Try to guess what these words mean (смотри Приложение 1)
The mother tongue
The official language
The global language
The original population
T. Look at the blackboard and try to guess where is English spoken as the official language? (Предлагается кроссворд) (Смотри Приложение 1)
- Ireland as a state (Eire)
- The second largest country in the world (Canada)
- A French colony. Its capital is Georgetown (Guyana)
- The biggest Ireland and the smallest continent in the world. (Australia)
- It is the Ireland and the country. Its capital is Kingston (Jamaica)
- Iit’s a real melting pot. (The USA)
- The capital of this country is Nassau (Bahamas)
T. Now try to find countries where English is spoken as the official language on the map.
(Работа с картой) (смотри Приложение 1)
Use the example:
Number 1 is …
English is spoken in____________as the official language.
T. You are right. English is taught and learnt in almost all the countries in the world. But do you know how many people speak English nowadays.
Pupil: Nowadays 750 million people all over the world use English
T. I agree with you that the English language surrounds us like a sea, and like the water of deep sea. It is full of mysteries.
T. English language belongs to everyone, says Michael Howard “ It belongs to all of us wherever we came from originally”
T. But why do people learn English language? What are reasons for learning English language?
- Different people learn foreign languages for different reasons. Some people learn languages because it is fashionable.
- For some people learning foreign languages is a hobby
- Doctors and scientist try to answer the same questions all over the world,
- English has become a means of communication,
- Most vocabulary in the modern computing is in English,
- English is the language of politicians,
- English is the language of rock and pop music
- US and British companies produce films, videos and TV programmes every year.
- Some people learn languages out of necessity
T. Dear boys and girls! You have prepared presentation.
1. Приложение 2
2. Приложение 3
3. Приложение 4
4. Приложение 5
(Дети защищают свои проекты, приготовленные на предыдущих уроках)
T. Look at the blackboard and match the two parts to form complete statement.
- There are lots of people…
- A person can hardly hope to be up to date…
- At present science and technical knowledge…
- Learning a third foreign language is…
- Success in foreign language learning
- …is not connected just a person’s natural talent.
- … who speak more then one language.
- … much easier than learning the second one.
- … are progressing very fast.
- … if he can’t use a computer and speak a foreign language.
T. True or false
T. Michel gives us the information about learning English. What are the strategies he uses to learn English.
I ____ learning vocabulary by listening to songs in English. I ______ listening to songs several times and writing the words down. I often ____ to look up words in the dictionaries and sometimes, when I get stuck, I ask my teacher. She ____ to work with me on a song if I don’t have the lyrics. We listen to the song together and if I ___ to get the word or line, she ____ me to understand it. She often ____ me listen to one bit a few times. She only ____ to listen to hip hop. If you want to do the same as me, I _____ listening to singers like David Gray and Norah Jones because you can actually hear the words. I don’t ____ you to listen to heavy metal because the lyrics often don’t mean much and you ____ learning incorrect grammar forms!
T. Why do you learn foreign language?
Дети высказывают свою точку зрения.
Подведение итогов урока.