Учебно-методическое обеспечение: О.Л.Гроза и др. “New Millennium English-11”. Обнинск: Титул, 2010.
Необходимое оборудование и материалы для занятия.:
- Учебник английского языка “New Millennium English-11”
- Интерактивная доска SMART BOARD
Цель урока: развитие лексических знаний по теме “Телевидение”.
- знакомство учащихся с лексическими единицами по теме “Телевидение”, их определением, выявлением положительного и отрицательного влияния ТВ на людей.
- развитие интеллектуальных способностей;
- развитие способности к логическому изложению содержания, высказывания;
- развитие навыков аудирования, умение получить нужную информацию из услышанного;
- развитие умений систематизировать полученные знания.
- воспитание толерантного отношения к мнению других людей,
- воспитывать умение сотрудничества при работе в группе.
T: Television great the important role in our life. There are a lot of types of TV programmes on TV. Some people prefer to watch musical programmes another prefers to watch sport programmes. Everyone can choose the programme for yourself. All of you watch TV.
What do you think we are going to speak about?
What is the goal of our lesson?
Ss:The problem of our lesson is: “What’s on the box.”
- Do you watch TV?
- What channels do you prefer to watch?
- How much TV do you watch every day? etc.
Unscramble the words.
T: What are these?
Ss: These are kinds of TV programmes
T: What another kinds of programmes do you know? (Lets Ss fill in the chat on the board)
What kinds of programmes do you like?
T: Give the definition of these types of TV programmes.
Possible Ss answers:
- Phone-in-a programme, in which people telephone to give their opinions or ask famous person questions.
- Game show/ quiz show – a programme where people play games and answer questions to win prizes.
- Show - a programme that is indented to be entertaining or funny.
- Soap-opera – a television story about a group of people and their lives.
- Cartoon – film story for children.
- Sitcom – a popular form of humorous television.
- Series – a set of separate programmes each of which tells the next part of a story or deals with the some subjects.
- Move/film – a full-length film.
- The news – a programme which tells you about all the important events that are happening in the world.
- Wildlife programme-a television programme about wild animals.
- Documentary – a programme that gives you facts and information about a serious subjects such as history, sciences or social problems.
- Music show – an entertaining music programme.
T; Over 99 percent of British homes have a TV and the average person watchers “The box” 26 hours a week. There are 4 TV channels in Britain: BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV and Channel 4. BBC 1 and BBC 2 , the two state channel, do not show adverts. ITV and Channel 4, the two independent channels, do show adverts. Only 8 percent of British hones subscribe to satellite or cable TV.
Ask Ss to copy the list of programmes into their notebooks, and then write the name of programme from the TV guide. Let Ss do the exercise in pairs, then check as a class.
The TV Guide
|BBC1||BBC2||ITV||Channel 4||Channel5||Sky movies|
|The National Lottery Stars (7.00-8.30 pm) Glaswegan rock band Texas perform live in the studio.||Residents (7.5-8.00)
Elsperth throws a dinner party for the feuding Nut and Singh families that ends in more than one revelation, prompting Hilary to take an overdose.
|Cinderella (6.50-7.30 pm) Walt Disney’s version of
the famous fairy tale.
Food and Drink
(7.30-8.00 pm) Cooking tips, recipes, features and consumer news from the team of top television chefs.
|Politics isn’t Working: More Unequal Than Ever.
Andrew Dilnot, Director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies reveals the true state of inequality in Britain today and ask why politicians of all major parties are unwilling to confront the problem.
Jerry Springer hosts the quiz in which contestants vie for a potential prize of & 1 million.
The extraordinary history of Alaska’s Mount McKinly.
|It Could Happen To You
Nicolas Cage? Bridget Fonda and Rosie Peres star in this irrepressible romantic comedy inspired by the true story of a humble cop who leaves a $2 million tip to a hard-luck waitress.
Possible Ss’ answers:
- Phone-in ---------------
- Game show Greed
- Show Food and Drink
- Soap opera Residents
- Cartoons Cinderella
- Sitcom ---------------
- Series ---------------
- Movie/film It Could Happen To You
- The news ---------------
- Wildlife programme Mountain Men
- Documentary Politics Isn’t Working
- Music Show The National Lottery Stars
Listen to the members of the family in the picture talking. (Аудиозапись.)
- Say which programme the family has decided to watch tonight?
- Which of the programmes from the TV guide would choose to watch?
(Lets Ss listen to the conversation once or twice. Tell them to take notes in the chat while listening, using: + for the programmes people prefer, - for the programmes don’t want to see)
|National gallery||Residents||Cinderella||Food and Drink||Politics…||Greed||Mountain Men||It Could…|
T: Television has changed our lives in many ways. It has brought many positive things but also many negative things. Think hard! Add as many points as you can to the two lists. (Let Ss to work in the groups)
|The effects of television|
T: Many people now spend more time watching TV than doing something else. Researchers in the USA have estimated that when most students leave school they have spent 11 000 hours in the classroom and 22 000 hours watching television. What effect does this have?
– Lets Ss read the text about some of the research into effects of television.
– Continue the list of positive and negative effects of TV.
|Benefits of television||Dangers|
For your homework you may choose:
- Write an essay: “Television: for and against”.
- Make a presentation “TV or not TV”.
Литература, использованная для подготовки урока:
1. O.L. Groza and etc. “New millennium English-11”, Student's book.
2. O.L. Groza and etc. “New millennium English-11”, Teacher’s book.
3. O.L. Groza and etc. “New millennium English-11”, CD.
4. Cambridge English for Schools in Russia 3 Student's book.